Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

KM3050 front to back registration

We looked at one with like 900k on it that has 4 paper feed trays. The 3rd tray is off on the registration from front to back. Side to side is ok (left to right as you look at machine). The other trays are fine.

Checking to see if what sort of adjustments there might be for this machine. I saw in the service manual some adjustments showing some screws on the paper tray that
    can be adjusted. The trays we had in the machine didn't really match up to the service manual picture. They do have some alignment? markings on the front.

I saw a thread on here from several years ago where someone said they cleaned the tracks for some paper size sensors. Would that be the tracks under the actual cassette?

thanks.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: KM3050 front to back registration

Quote Originally Posted by RandyW View Post
    We looked at one with like 900k on it that has 4 paper feed trays. The 3rd tray is off on the registration from front to back. Side to side is ok (left to right as you look at machine). The other trays are fine.

Checking to see if what sort of adjustments there might be for this machine. I saw in the service manual some adjustments showing some screws on the paper tray that
    can be adjusted. The trays we had in the machine didn't really match up to the service manual picture. They do have some alignment? markings on the front.

I saw a thread on here from several years ago where someone said they cleaned the tracks for some paper size sensors. Would that be the tracks under the actual cassette?

thanks.
    Should be three screws that you can loosen and adjust up or down the paper guides. You can also swap cassette 3 with cassette 4 and see if it works better.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Red face Re: KM3050 front to back registration

check if drawer 3 any jam paper behind it,if no,try to swop drawer 2 and 3 tray,if ok then should be drawer connector issue

Service Manager 100+ Posts eddie110171's Avatar

Re: KM3050 front to back registration

There are 3 adjustment screws See 2nd attachment, loosen, then lift up on left cursor and use a philips screw driver to turn the adjustment to line up the 2 long lines (see 1st attachment) and then carefully retighten the screws and recheck the adjustment. The cassette usually moves back and out of adjustment from customers closing the cassette hard. It is very common on the Alfa 2-4s
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by eddie110171; 01-10-2020 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Pictures reversed during uploading