Trusted Tech 50+ Posts r3d343420's Avatar

Machines show offline on KFS then coming back after a power cycle

Anybody else having issues with machines dropping off KFS? After the last firmware update that addressed the F and C errors associated with KFS, I thought we were going to have better luck with KFS. It seems as though in the last few weeks we have had machines dropping offline with no errors. If we are lucky we can have the customer power cycle the machine and it comes right back up. My main issue is when we have to drive to each location and do it ourselves. It is across the board as far as models go and there dosent seem to be a rhyme or reason behind it. The machines we power cycle dont seem to have the issue again, as far as I can tell. But every morning I check KFS, low and behold, there is a new set of machines that show offline.

Really starting to become annoying as we use KFS frequently, and it seems like when they "fix" one issue, another arises.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Machines show offline on  KFS then coming back after a power cycle

Re: Machines show offline on KFS then coming back after a power cycle

Quote Originally Posted by r3d343420 View Post
    Anybody else having issues with machines dropping off KFS? After the last firmware update that addressed the F and C errors associated with KFS, I thought we were going to have better luck with KFS. It seems as though in the last few weeks we have had machines dropping offline with no errors. If we are lucky we can have the customer power cycle the machine and it comes right back up. My main issue is when we have to drive to each location and do it ourselves. It is across the board as far as models go and there dosent seem to be a rhyme or reason behind it. The machines we power cycle dont seem to have the issue again, as far as I can tell. But every morning I check KFS, low and behold, there is a new set of machines that show offline. Really starting to become annoying as we use KFS frequently, and it seems like when they "fix" one issue, another arises.
    from what I understand.. this is quite common of a problem.

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Machines show offline on  KFS then coming back after a power cycle

I've noticed the last couple of times (11/15 & 12/5) that's when the majority of the offline machines went offline. I'm guessing since the time is common across different customers, etc. that Kyocera did updates to the KFS servers & those devices didn't connect. Yeah it's a major pain having to babysit the system. Especially when you need them online for auto toner ordering & billing. Having to call customers to reboot their machines makes us look bad IMO, even if there's nothing we can do to remedy the situation.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Technician

We are having the same issue. It is getting old fast!!! Some of our customers are over an hour away so it cost us money to send technicians out to reboot machines or get meter reads.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Same here. They need to get their shit together!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts ntbann's Avatar

Us too! Just updated firmware using kfs and that machine dropped off!