Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Taskalfa 5002i Jam 4211

Taskalfa 5002i Jam 4211

Hi all.

We have an Olivetti 5000MF (Taskalfa 5002i) giving a constant Jam 4211 (Fuser Sensor Stay Jam). The paper jams about 1 to 2 inches out of the Fuser unit.

Initially thought it to be another duff fuser unit or possibly an exit unit. Turns out it is neither of those.

We tried new feed wheels, and cleaning the registration rollers, removed and cleaned the registration feed assy (which were very dirty). This seem to improve it temporarily (we got a maintenance report out), then the same jam.

We loaned the customer a machine and have since tried the transfer belt, fuser unit and exit unit all into another customers machine and they all work fine. Not 1 jam.

When it is trying to print it sounds like there is too much load on the fuser motor. Like it is struggling for a split second when paper is fed during printing and this is just enough to cause a jam.

Sensor tests all fine and if you run the motor test, it runs just fine too. Wondering if it should it be possible to stop the fuser motor with your finger while it runs? It is possible to stop it with little effort.

Don’t have another motor to hand (probably going to order on Monday). Did try swapping it with the container motor, this resulted in the paper jamming just at the Fuser rollers, rather than partially exiting the fuser.

We just started to see error code 2300 (Fuser Motor error) late this afternoon. So am starting to think this may be the cause. Unless swapping the motors round and back has caused this.

Anyone else experienced anything like this?

Thanks
    Everything that has a beginning, has an end.....

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Taskalfa 5002i Jam 4211

Re: Taskalfa 5002i Jam 4211

I personally would have approached the problem by taking the pieces from a working machine, then go to exclusion so as not to risk damaging the other machine. Do not exclude the drum unit, check if it rotates freely and develop the same. In the paper up section, if the toner has fallen on the steel axle bushings, it will slow down the rotation and give you a jam.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Taskalfa 5002i Jam 4211

Quote Originally Posted by GIUBOSS View Post
    I personally would have approached the problem by taking the pieces from a working machine, then go to exclusion so as not to risk damaging the other machine. Do not exclude the drum unit, check if it rotates freely and develop the same. In the paper up section, if the toner has fallen on the steel axle bushings, it will slow down the rotation and give you a jam.
    Thanks for the info!

Because there was no issue with the print quality (like stretching), didn't think the drum/dev could be the culprit. There was another post about 4211, where they changed fuser and transfer, that's why our thoughts turned to those items. It would do no harm to rule dev and drum out though.

There was a lot of paper dust in the vertical transport section, but no toner. It was cleaned at the same time registration etc was, seemed to improve it, but only short term.

Technician

We had a taskalfa 3010i doing same thing. Lubricating the registration rollers fixed it! We changed all the same parts you have. Just started trying everything. While cleaning the registration roller we noticed it was somewhat hard to turn. Cleaned and lubricated the bushings and problem is gone. Ours was intermittent. Slightly over 400K on machine.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Taskalfa 5002i Jam 4211

Quote Originally Posted by mtcchuck View Post
    We had a taskalfa 3010i doing same thing. Lubricating the registration rollers fixed it! We changed all the same parts you have. Just started trying everything. While cleaning the registration roller we noticed it was somewhat hard to turn. Cleaned and lubricated the bushings and problem is gone. Ours was intermittent. Slightly over 400K on machine.
    Thanks mtcchuck. Have already cleaned out the entire silver reg roller assembly, the roller assy on the door is very clean and both rotate ok, but would be worth having a closer look at.

Changing the paper type to thick, seemed to make a big difference - it fed paper through no problem. Then when it was change back to plain, it works a lot better, but still gives us the same jam every 50 pages or so.

Trying to figure out why slowing the speed down makes it so much better and why that has affected plain paper as well.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Taskalfa 5002i Jam 4211

for scruple have you tried with all the paper trays? and if it was a clutch of the paper feed or register clutch?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Taskalfa 5002i Jam 4211

Just closing this off.

The fault (bizarrely) looks very much like being the developer unit. I guess it has a problem of some sort and isn't turning as freely as it should have been. You can hear a lull when the motors starting running as paper was starting to be fed. Dev replaced, the noise is gone and no jams.

It should be noted the mechanism for locking the dev in place/pushing the dev roller out was dodgy at best, difficult to get it to stay locked without springing out.

Try to lubricate or replace the bearings of the fusorre unit I had the same problem giving jams or the cod. 2300