Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Taskalfa 250ci fading image on MIP PG Pattern

Hi,
    just after i repaired a broken gear in the booklet folder i am running into a new problem. Today i noticed some quality issues when printing. I printed the MIP PG pattern and there was the quality issue on detail.
    After 2-3 LSU cleaning cycles the pattern changed to an evenly fading image. I have been studying the service manual but i did not identify any similar fault. A few days ago i recognized a system fault when i was printing a corrupted pdf file and canceld the print. Any idea what i could check to find out the cause? I have a attached the pattern before and after cleaning cycle and drum refresh. Many thanks,
    Hecke
    Attached Files Attached Files

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: Taskalfa 250ci fading image on MIP PG Pattern

Quote Originally Posted by Hecke View Post
    Hi,
    just after i repaired a broken gear in the booklet folder i am running into a new problem. Today i noticed some quality issues when printing. I printed the MIP PG pattern and there was the quality issue on detail.
    After 2-3 LSU cleaning cycles the pattern changed to an evenly fading image. I have been studying the service manual but i did not identify any similar fault. A few days ago i recognized a system fault when i was printing a corrupted pdf file and canceld the print. Any idea what i could check to find out the cause? I have a attached the pattern before and after cleaning cycle and drum refresh. Many thanks,
    Hecke
    how many pages on consumables?

are you sure it isn't coming from another component?

Technician

I dont know wich component is the cause, i just listed what i have done trying to solve the issue
    Since i am using the printer i printed only 1k pages in 3 month, i had to fix it before and changed some drums and developers and the fuser from another machine (120k Pages).
    So it feels like it suddently happend in the last week. I dont know if it is a lost calibration or an LSU problem or whatever. I dont think its because of the drums, all colors are faulty.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

I dont know wich component is the cause, i just listed what i have done trying to solve the issue
    Since i am using the printer i printed only 1k pages in 3 month, i had to fix it before and changed some drums and developers and the fuser from another machine (120k Pages).
    So it feels like it suddently happend in the last week. I dont know if it is a lost calibration or an LSU problem or whatever. I dont think its because of the drums, all colors are faulty.
    Maybe the ITB?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

You're on the right track Phil. I have seen this before on a CS-250ci. It was right after changing a drum unit that it came up.

Naturally you have to remove the transfer belt assy when you change a drum. To remove the transfer belt assembly you move the finisher aside, remove the fuser, unplug the connector for the transfer belt assembly, then lift the transfer belt at the front and rear so it will slide out. When you put the transfer belt back in, it's the same ... when you slide the transfer belt the last little bit in, it lowers ~10mm ... or it's supposed to. On my machine it hung up at the front, making a gap at the front (naturally, it could go either way, front or back). During my investigations I pressed down on first the rear, then the front of the transfer belt assembly. The front lowered an additional 3 or 4 mm.

Personally I think that it's wear on the rail system for the transfer belt unit, and I've had an opportunity to change that rear rail once before. It was unpleasant in the extreme. Just press the transfer belt unit down and try not to think about it. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

original toners?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Have had similar cases with broken Base conveying (2H722010) in conveying unit. Only at systems with mounted DF...
    Hook Conveying S F or S R didn`t fit anymore and you got small gap between transfer roller and transfer belt on front or rear side.

Technician

Today i removed the transfer belt assy and put it carefully back into position. It seems as it directly snapped into the rail clamp in its position. I couldnt push or pull it before or after removing it.
    It didnt change the print. Then i changed the complete transfer belt assy, nothing changed. Im going to check the conveying unit next. I hope you can understand what i mean, english is a foreign language for me.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

... I hope you can understand what i mean, english is a foreign language for me.
    Your English is clearly understood. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

You also can try 2 check points:
    check 1:
    open conveying unit and add a piece of paper or else to the conveying open switch (LC1SW)
    run calibration by systemmenue and have a look to the transfer belt.
    Density from calibration patches must be even on front and rear side
    If yet, problem not coming from inbuilt LLU parts.
    If not, maybe laser unit dirty or belt don`t snap in like Blackcat has written.
    (You can push down the belt by hand during running calibrations to see if you get even density)
    check 2:
    enter 10871087/ U100/ AC Auto adjust/ switch to "OFF"
    Shut down system/ remove maincharger black/ restart/ printout status page or else
    check for even full solid black image/ background on front and rear side
    even image means problem is coming from laser and you has to open the laser and clean from inside and outside incl. polygon mirrors
    uneven image means other component must be faulty
    Don`t forget to switch back U100 after checking.
    Let us know your results, please