Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Kyocera 4006ci eeprom error

Hi has anyone encountered this error on a Kyocera 4006ci, Machine works fine when first turned on then K toner icon disappears from the touch screen followed by either the C,Y,M toner (depending on which colour goes missing is totally random) Then machine stops and displays error 0160 which is the main EEPROM fault, if you turn the machine off and back on it will carry on running for 3 to 4 hundred copies then error again, if you check the system event log there is a series of EEPROM miscommunication error codes for both the Dev units and the Drums depending on which toner icon goes missing from the screen, you don`t get an error code for the K toner? you also so get an error code for the Primary Transfer conveyor occasionaly. I have checked for loose connections badly seated plugs loose or poor earth connections across all the relevant PWBs with no luck I have removed the Main PWB EEPROM and reseated it to no avail, everything points to either a faulty EEPROM or Main PWB but the supplier Utax still insist that these components won`t be at fault and if we require a new EEPROM I will have to send the old one back to Germany to be reprogrammed leaving the machine down?
    (a new EEPROM costs £0.63 in the UK).
    If anyone can shed any light on this fault I would be most grateful.
    Best regards everybody
    Roysk (Newbie)

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Kyocera 4006ci eeprom error

Try to test the toners on another machine, the problem would be on the eeprom, I would start with the cheapest thing to update all the firmware then initialize the backup values ​​first, then replace the eeprom.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Hello Roysk,
    each Eeprom contains serialnumber and all counters in hidden memory areas.
    Inside from system we have a serial data stream for all counters, serialnumbers and others..
    If one component is broken, the data stream stucks and you get error code depended to the missing information.
    Be informed about KYO Bulletin 2ND-0100 (I118) or UTAX Bulletin TB-65S
    "Supply of EEPROM on the engine PWB described in the parts list (Newest version Rev.6 as of June 2018) will be discontinued."
    This means: There is no more blank Eeprom for field service available!
    If you ask Kyocera Europe, you can get new Eeprom, but you has to pay 50€ per pc.
    As i know, from UTAX it`s for free!
    Because of stored hidden system data, UTAX can duplicate the system informations into blank Eeprom only.
    New blank Eeprom you can buy in UK for £0.63 don`t contains these important informations and maybe you will destroy your system in total...

Here you can see the IC2 structure for reading the data:
    IC2 structure.JPG
    Mostly we have had similar problem in the field because of faulty RFID information from "faked" toners or bad connections/ missing data from any LLU part like ITB Eeprom, DK Eeprom, or else.
    I agree with Giuboss regarding toners for checking at first.
    Maybe you can share U000 maintenance report and eventlog txt files for checking the history.

Quote Originally Posted by KYO_OEM View Post
    Hello Roysk,
    each Eeprom contains serialnumber and all counters in hidden memory areas.
    Inside from system we have a serial data stream for all counters, serialnumbers and others..
    If one component is broken, the data stream stucks and you get error code depended to the missing information.
    Be informed about KYO Bulletin 2ND-0100 (I118) or UTAX Bulletin TB-65S
    "Supply of EEPROM on the engine PWB described in the parts list (Newest version Rev.6 as of June 2018) will be discontinued."
    This means: There is no more blank Eeprom for field service available!
    If you ask Kyocera Europe, you can get new Eeprom, but you has to pay 50€ per pc.
    As i know, from UTAX it`s for free!
    Because of stored hidden system data, UTAX can duplicate the system informations into blank Eeprom only.
    New blank Eeprom you can buy in UK for £0.63 don`t contains these important informations and maybe you will destroy your system in total...

Here you can see the IC2 structure for reading the data:
    IC2 structure.JPG
    Mostly we have had similar problem in the field because of faulty RFID information from "faked" toners or bad connections/ missing data from any LLU part like ITB Eeprom, DK Eeprom, or else.
    I agree with Giuboss regarding toners for checking at first.
    Maybe you can share U000 maintenance report and eventlog txt files for checking the history.
    Thanks for that information Looking further at the problem I think it could be a bad K toner .
    Regards
    Roysk

Quote Originally Posted by GIUBOSS View Post
    Try to test the toners on another machine, the problem would be on the eeprom, I would start with the cheapest thing to update all the firmware then initialize the backup values ​​first, then replace the eeprom.
    Thanks for the reply, I had updated to the latest firmware but from both of the replies I have received and on acting on your advice it looks like it is the K Toner that is at fault and needs replacing.
    Regards
    Roysk

Yesterday i have had system with intermittent C9530/ backup error/ counter > 220K
    Is using same line for communication between engine eeprom and hidden sub pwb.
    Went out because field technician couldn`t find the reason...
    Finally i found bad connection between engine pwb and feed image pwb.
    Engine YC 40 <---> Feed image YC 6
    Please remember functionallity from feed image pwb:
    Connected to RFID PWB, Drum/ DLP connect PWB, Transfer connect PWB, Fuser PWB...
    All counters/ backup data controlling would controlled by this pwb and than they would forwarded to engine PWB Eeprom to compare with hidden sub pwb..
    Bad work, needed more than 2h to find it.
    All the data are present at U110, U127, U158, on Service Status Page, etc...
    Must be faulty datastream between both pwbs because of connector pin oxidation....

Thanks KYO_OEM
    I will go back to this machine on Monday and check the relevant parts you have mentioned.
    Rergards
    Roysk

Quote Originally Posted by Roysk View Post
    Thanks KYO_OEM
    I will go back to this machine on Monday and check the relevant parts you have mentioned.
    Rergards
    Roysk
    Please check YC12 on Feed image PWB <---> RFID PWB also....