Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Kyocera Taskalfa 2551 back of the printed sheet is dirty

that's the distinctive mark of transfer belt cleaning assy filth, especially using old firmware. Newer firmware still does it, but it's different, and usually only the density calibration marks left on the back of page following self-calibration cycle, and also occasional "fingerprint marks" of dropped toner lets you know teardown/cleaning time is near.

Ensure that you're using the latest firmware as there have been updates to the behaviour of the transfer belt and cleaning drive which helps to reduce this effect.

The belt gets filthy for several reasons:
    1: this is an unfortunate reality for this whole engine series.
    2: the user has been printing heavy coverage.
    3: the environment experiences higher than average humidity.
    4: the toner isn't genuine.
    5: the auger inside the belt cleaning section is broken.
    6: the drive gear of the auger in the belt cleaning section is spinning on it's shaft.
    7: the transfer pipe assy at the front corner of the machine has failed and the waste cannot escape the belt cleaning section.There will be a lot of brown filth resting on top of the yellow developer to indicate this.

you can clean out and inspect the belt cleaning section, but it won't last as long as installing a new belt... you decide which is cheaper. For me, cleaning time is cheaper than new belts, unless it's far from home.

update your firmware to a recent version, and see what happens.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Kyocera Taskalfa 2551 back of the printed sheet is dirty

If the problem is on the "backside" of the print/copy I doubt it could be the transfer belt or cleaning auger for the transfer belt. Those problems which I have seen too many of deposit the errant toner on the belt that then gets transferred to "front' side of the page. In my mind the only way you can get the backside dirty is by the secondary transfer roller on the door being contaminated
    with toner dust, especially prevalent when non-OEM toner is used. Remember the backside of the paper never touches the transfer belt only the front side.

If you get same issue with other belt/ new belt, i think we must talk about missing cleaning voltage from HVU-2 PWB.
    Remove left cover, unscrew 4 screws from PWb mount and check if ITB contacts for oxidation and correct fitted connector.
    Additionally you can open the conveying unit, use a piece of paper for the safety switch and run calibration by systemmenue.
    Watch the turning belt and maybe you will see some dust on it.
    If we are missing the cleaning voltage, brush needs too long time for removing remaing toner.
    You also can switch off U464/ Permission/ Calib for testing, in this case your background will not appear, i hope.....
    Don`t forget YC 7 on engine pwb at least, but i hope for you that it`s not needed...

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Santander View Post
    If the problem is on the "backside" of the print/copy I doubt it could be the transfer belt or cleaning auger for the transfer belt. Those problems which I have seen too many of deposit the errant toner on the belt that then gets transferred to "front' side of the page. In my mind the only way you can get the backside dirty is by the secondary transfer roller on the door being contaminated
    with toner dust, especially prevalent when non-OEM toner is used. Remember the backside of the paper never touches the transfer belt only the front side.
    Exactly, I've already tried anything, including replacing the transfer belt.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by KYO_OEM View Post
    If you get same issue with other belt/ new belt, i think we must talk about missing cleaning voltage from HVU-2 PWB.
    Remove left cover, unscrew 4 screws from PWb mount and check if ITB contacts for oxidation and correct fitted connector.
    Additionally you can open the conveying unit, use a piece of paper for the safety switch and run calibration by systemmenue.
    If we are missing the cleaning voltage, brush needs too long time for removing remaing toner.
    You also can switch off U464/ Permission/ Calib for testing, in this case your background will not appear, i hope.....
    Don`t forget YC 7 on engine pwb at least, but i hope for you that it`s not needed...
    I'm going to try this procedure on Monday, thanks for now.

it is the toner. use genuin but if you insist for combatible use one with good quaity and use only this
    specific toner in the future. but now, you have to clean any resedues of old toner from dev unit and drum unit , perform u130 . this first time after clean prefer to use genuin toner. you can later use combatible but good quaity and use only the sa9me toner now on. if you change the toner , even genuin toner, perhaps you have the sa9mer probe9m.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by KYO_OEM View Post
    Hi, I've checked the contacts for oxidation and the correct fitting of the connector, both things look perfect.
    I've also tried modifying the U464 settings with many combinations, unfortunately no changes..

Could you please upload U000 stored as txt file for checking some internal values?
    If you still get the same dirty background and offset on the first sheets, we must have a problem with transfer cleaning pipe.
    Change U464/Permission from "ON" to "OFF"
    Open the conveying unit and lock the security switch for running system with open conveying unit.
    Switch OFF and ON the system.
    After restart run calibration by systemmenue/ during running check the belt surface.
    When calibration finished, run laser scanner cleaning twice.
    Close conveying unit and check printout for dirty background. (Normally NO dirt visible...)
    Print out eventlog and check for C7620, C761x.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

For everyone's benefit, please post the solution for this issue when resolved. It helps all of us.

This is caused by the transfer belt, but in case you have replaced the transfer belt then and still the problem re-occurs then you another cause for this is the toner.

Kindly ensure that you are using the right toner (genuine toner)

I have seen a scenario where customers refill their toners and since the refill toner is not standardized it ends up cloging.

if it is caused by the toner then you need to do skyshot of black so as to empty the developer while you insert a new genuine toner

Best of luck