Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    TA 3011i washed out prints after OEM toner installs

Has anyone had and issue on this series after customer installs a new toner cartridge, it's almost like the toner gets depleted from the developing unit, printed pages are super faded and half the print is missing (depleted developing unit). I run around 200 + sky shots and the image starts to come back. I come back a day later and the printed image is good. I have had this issue happen on 3 separate machines of this series. 1) all OEM toners 2) firmware is up to date 4.03 3) around 350k on the meters. Any adjustments that may help?

Re: TA 3011i washed out prints after OEM toner installs

Quote Originally Posted by copiertec View Post
    Has anyone had and issue on this series after customer installs a new toner cartridge, it's almost like the toner gets depleted from the developing unit, printed pages are super faded and half the print is missing (depleted developing unit). I run around 200 + sky shots and the image starts to come back. I come back a day later and the printed image is good. I have had this issue happen on 3 separate machines of this series. 1) all OEM toners 2) firmware is up to date 4.03 3) around 350k on the meters. Any adjustments that may help?

I think any relation to a new bottle is coincidental. Toner does not overtone or undertone on this model as it's "mono-component" or "pre-mixed" with developer. But it also has a tendency to settle so it's important to have the customer run their calibrations and dev refreshes.

But since this is happening on 3 machines I have to question the genuine toner. Could it be a really good knockoff?

Quote Originally Posted by JR2ALTA View Post
    I think any relation to a new bottle is coincidental. Toner does not overtone or undertone on this model as it's "mono-component" or "pre-mixed" with developer. But it also has a tendency to settle so it's important to have the customer run their calibrations and dev refreshes.

But since this is happening on 3 machines I have to question the genuine toner. Could it be a really good knockoff?
    It's genuine Kyocera toner. It's like they are running it til it's dead, ignoring the message (which in most cases is okay), and running the developing unit nearly empty. It reminds me of the 2535dn when you first install the developing unit sometimes after set up it, the prints are blank, after sky shots it starts to get full coverage on the mag roller and starts to print normal.

TA-3011i.pdf Here is an example. Paper is running A4 direction (8x11).

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

clean all toner from dev and drum unit and then use the genuin one.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts rapo_tech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copiertec View Post
    It's genuine Kyocera toner. It's like they are running it til it's dead, ignoring the message (which in most cases is okay), and running the developing unit nearly empty. It reminds me of the 2535dn when you first install the developing unit sometimes after set up it, the prints are blank, after sky shots it starts to get full coverage on the mag roller and starts to print normal.

+1 that they run the dev empty. I had TA2552ci that client abused by printing some time below 5% toner. After replacing toner, printer said immediatly that toner is empty (OEM full toner).
    Had to put manually like half a teespoon of toner in developer. Rolled the gear couple of times and that seemed to solve the problem.

And the 2535dn needed 1-3 restarts after dev install.. then it should automatically add toner to dev. At least this worked for me