Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Kyocera 5002i C7301 Toner Motor K Error

Hello all,

I have a Kyocera 5002i in the shop that is displaying a C7301 Tonor Motor K Error. I've replaced the Toner Supply Drive Unit. The code returned, so I deduced the sensor in the supply drive unit is good. On connector YC19 on the Feed Image PWB, on pin A3 I get 1.24V, where I should be getting 3.3V. On pin A5, I'm getting 3.17V, which powers the sensor in the supply drive unit.

I've ordered a new Feed Image PWB, with the belief a failed PWB is the cause of the C7301 Error.
    If anyone has any experience with this issue, all suggestions, thoughts, and ideas will certainly be welcomed!

Thanks!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Kyocera 5002i C7301 Toner Motor K Error

run u135

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Are you finding packed toner anywhere?

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by StratManDan View Post
    Hello all,

I have a Kyocera 5002i in the shop that is displaying a C7301 Tonor Motor K Error. I've replaced the Toner Supply Drive Unit. The code returned, so I deduced the sensor in the supply drive unit is good. On connector YC19 on the Feed Image PWB, on pin A3 I get 1.24V, where I should be getting 3.3V. On pin A5, I'm getting 3.17V, which powers the sensor in the supply drive unit.

I've ordered a new Feed Image PWB, with the belief a failed PWB is the cause of the C7301 Error.
    If anyone has any experience with this issue, all suggestions, thoughts, and ideas will certainly be welcomed!

Thanks!
    check the transfer belt waste toner pipe. found this error on a couple of machines caused by backed up toner in the transfer belt. its a very flimsy plastic waste toner assembly on the belt and can back up and block easily. new belt needed as you'd never clear the blockage fully.

Is the motor turning? You can see it from the back. Look under the main board.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

So far, I haven't found any packed toner. The toner motor is turning upon start up, but then stops when the code is thrown. I'm not getting proper voltage reading on connector YC19, PIN A3, which should be 3.3V, rather I'm getting 1.24V constant.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Okay, now things are getting weird. I took the transfer belt unit out, and popped the top off the waste toner auger, and removed the cleaning blade. I vac'd out the waste toner compartment, and wiped the cleaning blade thoroughly, put it all back together, and slid the TB back in the machine. I then removed the developer unit, spun it around while watching the inlet, where toner drops in, making sure there were no blockages, or packed toner anywhere. I slid the developer unit back in, and turned the machine on.
    Lo and behold, the C7301 code did not return. The machine toner'd up, and began making good prints.

I have no idea as to what I did that resolved the issue, because I found no blockages, or packed toner anywhere. The odd thing is, I ran U135 earlier, and the Toner Motor did not turn on. however, after vacuuming out the TB waste toner compartment, and rotating the developer unit, I ran U135 again, and the toner motor turned on.

I have a Feed Image PWB ordered for this machine, but now I'm questioning the need to install a new PWB.

Thanks for all the input, guys!

If it is working you do not need the board. Thanks for the update.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Packed toner is common on this model but I'm usually tipped off by the ungodly sound of gears skipping.

I had one the toner supply auger was caked, not terribly packed and caused the same error. (The one that moves toner from the bottle)There is a small motor that runs the auger, so I think it has a low trigger value to set a code. It was a lot of disassembly to get it out but it fixed the issue.