Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sr. Service Technician

TA-6501i with a Mailbox Tower MT-730

Machine has multiple J7810 codes which is the MB Eject Sensor Stay Jam on the Mailbox Tower. I've replaced the 3 conveying rollers and the upper eject roller. I have cleaned the other rollers. There are no burrs on the plastic guides. The eject sensors have been replaced. This machine has 1.3M copies on it and they don't want to replace it. Are there any other techs out there working on this useless mailbox tower that's having similar issues?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: TA-6501i with a Mailbox Tower MT-730

What are the code details? That may help us ring a bell.

My main issue has been the diverter guide breaking at mailbox entrance.

Sr. Service Technician

J7810- MB Eject Sensor Stay Jam. I have replaced the Eject Guide which was broken about 3 months ago.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Sorry, you did give the description earlier.

So where is the paper when it jams? The sheet either goes into the finisher and exits normally onto A or B or gets diverted up into the mailbox and exits out of one of the 8 or 9 trays.

The diverted which I spoke up gets broken at the hinge post and can't deflect up or down. I dont remember the jam code it gives

Sr. Service Technician

The operator says it's jamming inside the mailbox by the 5th and 6th tray and it only happened once so far. I have replaced the diverter guide abour 6 months ago. That was broken at the post like you've mentioned. I also cleaned the idle rollers and adjusted the springs on the cover.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

do they send a lotta pages to the mailbox? I've had one very heavily used mailbox where the bushings started getting tight and the motor in the mailbox would step-out. I lubed it a couple of times, but the issue kept coming back in a few weeks each time, so I ended up just swapping out the whole tower with a lesser-used one. I think it had around a million pages go through it.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

I agree with Sparky. look at the bushings on the lower and upper drive rollers. Had one that would randomly jam in the tower and it turned out to be the bushings got so contaminated they were slowing down the feed rollers throwing the timing off. I also had one where the sensor for the drive belt [front side of the MB] went bad [intermittently] creating a jam. We have probably 60 or more mailboxes out there and they have actually amazed me as to how reliable they are, some units have 3 to 4 million on the clock with the majority of the output going to the mailbox. You said it happens at tray five or six, is one of those trays broken? It would interfere with the output to the tray below it. Run copies to each tray and see if you can duplicate the problem. Mailboxes are not useless, we have customers that will not order a new unit without them.

Take a look to Gear Z22/ Fig.2 paper feed section 1/ Item #45/ 303N031030 and item #30 / 36706900/ Torque limiter paper feed

Sr. Service Technician

Yes they do use it a lot. The copier has over 1.3M copies on it. I will check the bushings on my next visit. We don't have an extra one in the shop and I know my boss will not purchase a new one since it has that many copies on it.

Thanks.

Gear Z22 mostly the reason it`s a oneway gear.
    In rare cases, cleaning was enough