Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Background on a taskalfa 5002i when scanning or copying but only in the morning

Good day everyone and thanks in advanced for your feedback.

This is a Taskalfa 5002i that recently started to background the image when you scan or copy but only happens in the morning and only using the ADF, then the background starts to fade out gradually after using the machine, I inspected the shade strip under the glass, also swap the glass from another machine, I checked and adjusted the shading position and same problem. The user will try to make copies from the glass to check if the problem only happens when they use the ADF or both.

Not sure if anyone had this problem before, your feedback is greatly appreciated

Service Tech / IT Rep 100+ Posts JVergin's Avatar

Re: Background on a taskalfa 5002i when scanning or copying but only in the morning

is it next to a window? or in direct sunlight in the morning? I wonder if a little bit of light is getting picked up by the scanner and gradually gets better as the sun changes position.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Background on a taskalfa 5002i when scanning or copying but only in the morning

Clean all the mirrors, lens, slit glass(top & bottom sides). Clean & oil scanner rails.
    Check to make sure all the scanner rail slides are in place on the mirror arms.
    You might also check to see if the room the machine is in, is cold in the morning and slowly heats up
    during the day (possible foggy mirrors etc. then the fog goes away as it warms up, maybe)
    I've seen that before, but I am in a colder environment then Las Vegas.

The machine is cleaned, optics, scanner rails lubed, the unit is in one corner of an open room office of around 15'x25', no windows or direct light to copier, I set auto turn off/on for the week from 5am to 10pm the user will try copying and scanning tomorrow in case the environment is cold and by the time user arrives machines is warm. I'll keep you posted, thanks for the feedback.

If its ADF only, it can be corrected by adjusting sim 68 to somewhere around +16.
    Just play with the settings in Sim 68 and see which direction makes it go away.
    The scanner can be driven too far back for ADF scan which causes the problem.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Adjusting the SIM is a lot easier but you may want to look into this advice as well, which I believe originates from Kyocera tech support, although there is no official bulletin on the matter.

4002i background

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

I had this exact issue last month on a 5002I. Normally only in the morning, didn't matter adf or plate glass, and if they ran 30 or 40 sheets it would be fine until the next morning or two mornings later. After new glass, white reference sheets, changing to the dual LED lamp style, U068 ect... what I found was bizarre. I had performed a U425 and U411 a few different times and noticed that the values for the U425 were not holding. Replaced the engine board and redid my U425, U411 and it has been spot on since. Hope this helps save someone the grief I went through.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

We had one 5002i that was giving odd color scans(usually pink) intermittently, would go for days without issue, a lot of scanning and printing on it, much less copying, and the complaint was with scanning. Tried several times with color sheets to recalibrate, but the permanent fix ended up being to replace the scanner drive belt per an obscure bulletin i don't have on me atm.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by safirod1 View Post

This is a Taskalfa 5002i that recently started to background the image when you scan or copy but only happens in the morning and only using the ADF, then the background starts to fade out gradually after using the machine, I inspected the shade strip under the glass, also swap the glass from another machine, I checked and adjusted the shading position and same problem. The user will try to make copies from the glass to check if the problem only happens when they use the ADF or both.

Not sure if anyone had this problem before, your feedback is greatly appreciated

I dont know if you find your trouble but the solution is the belt of scanner motor is too tight , just unscrew the two screw and remove pressure on belt.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by safirod1 View Post

I had a similar problem on a Kyocera color machine. It would background when scanning or copying but only thru the ADF. Turned out to be a bad scan board.