Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    certified scrub 500+ Posts
    New Taskalfa scan smaller when viewd

Hello folks.

Has anyone ran across the problem where the print and copy margin lines up, but when scannd. The image on the monitored is slightly reduced? 20200219_161030.jpg

If the same scanner image was printed with "actual size" , the margin is normal. Within tolerance(very close) ...

I don't recall older taskalfa ever has this problem. And isn't copy and scan go through the same process?

Things tested: resolution and file types, different devices(pc and phone, different reader software(edge, foxit, Adobe) all with same result.

*it got shrunk to the point where you can see the trail edge shadow. I repeat, copy is absolutely fine.
    Idling colour developers are not healthy developers.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: New Taskalfa scan smaller when viewd

Quote Originally Posted by jmaister View Post
    Hello folks.

Has anyone ran across the problem where the print and copy margin lines up, but when scannd. The image on the monitored is slightly reduced? 20200219_161030.jpg

If the same scanner image was printed with "actual size" , the margin is normal. Within tolerance(very close) ...

I don't recall older taskalfa ever has this problem. And isn't copy and scan go through the same process?

Things tested: resolution and file types, different devices(pc and phone, different reader software(edge, foxit, Adobe) all with same result.

*it got shrunk to the point where you can see the trail edge shadow. I repeat, copy is absolutely fine.
    what are the copy & scan ratios?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    what are the copy & scan ratios?
    Auto, tried specifying letter but produced same result.

Note, when the scan is set to print actual size, it's fine. The file is 8.5x11, but when on display it's smaller.

Adobe's fit to page is 96%. Document view magnification is at 100%, but then it really isn't.

This is messing with my head.��

I got three highspeed black and white ###2 doing this, and a color ###3 series producing same reduction on display.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Sorry... but is that even a problem? And if yes, why? I'm keen to know because I had a rather similar battle with taskalfa 2552ci scanned docs. In my case originals scanned on contact glass where missing ~3 millimetres on the left side. The scanned image was not resized, just the scanner did not want to scan 3 mm of a left margin. So information/image was "lost" if it happened to be in that 3 mm area. Margin configuration in CC RX and U403 didn't help.

So do you "lose" information while scanning or image is just resized compared to the size of the sheet?

Quote Originally Posted by diedux View Post
    Sorry... but is that even a problem? And if yes, why? I'm keen to know because I had a rather similar battle with taskalfa 2552ci scanned docs. In my case originals scanned on contact glass where missing ~3 millimetres on the left side. The scanned image was not resized, just the scanner did not want to scan 3 mm of a left margin. So information/image was "lost" if it happened to be in that 3 mm area. Margin configuration in CC RX and U403 didn't help.

So do you "lose" information while scanning or image is just resized compared to the size of the sheet?
    You are missing something. My client always had been Kyocera users.

I have always been Kyocera tech since c3232e, dedicated for 6 years until 2016. I know how they behave, I know their quarks if it's not designed too far off of their previous platform. I look at the scan every single day for 6 years

Yes it's a problem, they are not happy about it.

I have not seen this happened before.

Where as your problem may simply due to calibration (print margin, cassette margin, then glass, and dp). If it's that serious Factory should have gotten involved.

"is that a problem" attitude will lose me a client.

So, if you have seen it, appreciate your input. If you have not, I thank you for your time. If its Adobe I need to prove its them. If it's me, I need to know where I missed. New Kyocera is a little odd, even the software logic for cassette priority isn't the same as before.

The information for my case isn't lost because when Printing "actual size" setting maintains correct aspect ratio and margins. It's like the normal "view" is tied with print preview...
    Last edited by jmaister; 02-21-2020 at 11:58 PM.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

I think that you're focusing on the wrong end of this:

So you scan the document and the scan is right. Then you print the scan and its smaller. Soooooo, the driver or printer is reducing the image, not the scanner.

Actually I've had a Kyocera customer complain about this exact issue, except they were sending Cad drawings to the Kyocera as a printer. The keyop created a circle pattern with grids on it for measurement purposes. When a perfect 150mm diameter circle was drawn then printed, the finished print was 100% main scan, 99.5333% subscan (or reduced 0.7mm over the 150mm circle). If the image was rotated 90 degrees the subscan remained 99.5333%. If printed to any tray, any size, subscan remained 99.5333%.

So firstly machine specs are +/- 0.8% so it's well within machine specs.

But, you can tweak the image length by slowing the transport belt motor in U053 > Motor 2 > Trans Belt = 0 (default range is -5000 to +5000) > In this case the final value was -65 (or ~139 increments per 1% if its a linear conversion). Perform color calibration afterwards.

Interestingly, this customer specifically states that their technical drawings should not be measured then scaled in the notes (only use printed dimensions), yet they were amazingly anal about correcting that 0.4667% difference. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    I think that you're focusing on the wrong end of this:

So you scan the document and the scan is right. Then you print the scan and its smaller. Soooooo, the driver or printer is reducing the image, not the scanner.

Actually I've had a Kyocera customer complain about this exact issue, except they were sending Cad drawings to the Kyocera as a printer. The keyop created a circle pattern with grids on it for measurement purposes. When a perfect 150mm diameter circle was drawn then printed, the finished print was 100% main scan, 99.5333% subscan (or reduced 0.7mm over the 150mm circle). If the image was rotated 90 degrees the subscan remained 99.5333%. If printed to any tray, any size, subscan remained 99.5333%.

So firstly machine specs are +/- 0.8% so it's well within machine specs.

But, you can tweak the image length by slowing the transport belt motor in U053 > Motor 2 > Trans Belt = 0 (default range is -5000 to +5000) > In this case the final value was -65 (or ~139 increments per 1% if its a linear conversion). Perform color calibration afterwards.

Interestingly, this customer specifically states that their technical drawings should not be measured then scaled in the notes (only use printed dimensions), yet they were amazingly anal about correcting that 0.4667% difference. =^..^=
    appreciate the thought, here is the scanned sample...

Notice the red circle, and the page shadow, it only shows up to scans(as in to computer), on copies it never shows up.
    I've always thought Scan and Copy goes through the same process somewhat, so why the line? When the copy looks fine.

The reason I mentioned when using "actual size", because it removes that shadow. So the theory was something is going on with Kyocera's conversion process. I almost never do u71 "front Tail", but then, why would it matter? If it looks good on copy, it should look good on scan, it has always been the case with Alphards.

I'll probably check that again next week...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jmaister; 02-22-2020 at 07:52 AM. Reason: just remembered Saturns I had to use "front tail" glimpse of old memory came back...

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

What file types you tried to save? Tiff, jpeg, pdf?
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    What file types you tried to save? Tiff, jpeg, pdf?
    Did another test today.

Scanned to usb, and then printed directly from usb. Typical no brainer setting, same as original or specified letter size, pdf, 300x300 res.

And it printed smaller.

It may just happen to your kyocera. The 4501 series never did this.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jmaister View Post
    Did another test today.

Scanned to usb, and then printed directly from usb. Typical no brainer setting, same as original or specified letter size, pdf, 300x300 res.

And it printed smaller.

It may just happen to your kyocera. The 4501 series never did this.
    Have you tried printing as an image instead of using the Acrobat generted file? If you can print the file as an image and it prints OK, then the problem is not machine based but in the program used to generate the PDF file for sending to the print driver. Remember, a PDF file is nothing more than a JPG image!