Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

CS520i solid black pages after user dropped waste toner and it went everywhere

last week I had a users newer employee that thought when she saw waste toner full she could fix it. Simple enough right.. No she dropped it not sure on what but it covered the inside of the machine to make matters worse she didn't say anything at first and then tried to make copies. of which worked fine for 5 copies however, since then only solid black pages.

I cleaned the machine, (but can you ever really get it all out ) It appears something happened that caused the printer to keep calling for toner as when i got there the toner cartridge is about completely empty.

I pulled the charge unit and cleaned it as well. after cleaning i'm still getting black pages, then after the charger went thru auto clean the C2250 error code pops up.

I thought I'd check here and see if anyone has some input before I spent more time searching.

Thank you all in advance.

Ray

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: CS520i solid black pages after user dropped waste toner and it went everywhere

did you pull EVERYTHING?

..clean all toner

..clean ALL sensors?

..clean all dev units?

..clean all drums?

..all laser lens?

.. replace waste bin?

PhilB. " The Dentist "

Technician

Re: CS520i solid black pages after user dropped waste toner and it went everywhere

Is the main charge wire in one piece within the charger assembly? If so, is the cleaner all the way to the front frame of the housing?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mtcchuck View Post
    Is the main charge wire in one piece within the charger assembly? If so, is the cleaner all the way to the front frame of the housing?
    I agree, there is something wrong with the charge.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

That machine has a charge roller on the RHS of machine in the door a sponge roller. Visually check that

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    That machine has a charge roller on the RHS of machine in the door a sponge roller. Visually check that
    You won't get black copies from the transfer roller. Maybe blank copies, but never black copies.
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Have you replaced or thoroughly cleaned the main charge? If toner has contaminated the charge unit and it is shorting out you would get black pages. I would replace the main charge assembly and the cleaning motor [part of the PM Kit], the C2250 code indicates the machine does not recognize that the charge cleaning cycle has run, which could be because of toner contamination in the assembly. A good place to start.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Santander View Post
    Have you replaced or thoroughly cleaned the main charge? If toner has contaminated the charge unit and it is shorting out you would get black pages. I would replace the main charge assembly and the cleaning motor [part of the PM Kit], the C2250 code indicates the machine does not recognize that the charge cleaning cycle has run, which could be because of toner contamination in the assembly. A good place to start.

Sorry guys I apparently had the flu and was under the weather, I'm going to try this tomorrow, I did clean the charge unit, as well as the dang motor gears coming apart and having to put that together, ( a newbie mistake but what a pain.)

I'll ensure that its returned to home and see Thanks and I'll follow up in the morning

Technician

I guess my brain turned to mush I have replaced the charger assembly but for the life of me I can't remember the clear code I"m in service mode. anyone care to restart my brain. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Raydicks View Post
    I guess my brain turned to mush I have replaced the charger assembly but for the life of me I can't remember the clear code I"m in service mode. anyone care to restart my brain. Thanks
    I do not think there is a code to clear for the charge.