wierd problem TA3501ci

hello, I am currently working on a TA3051ci. it had gotten the c6950 error code with 2 earlier ones that I am able to view in KFS with error code C0980 pointing to the low voltage pwb once again. I swapped the low voltage pwb and the machine turns on, but during system check the scanner motor and a few fans and the finisher tray starts to move for .5 seconds then stops like its going to have a system error pop up. 1 second later it does it again. I tried to get the machine to have an error pop up but after 3 mins of it constantly trying to boot, i stopped it. first thing i did to troubleshoot was to disconnect the finisher and document processor. the strange problem persisted minus the finisher tray. the machine does boot up if i have the right main door open. I did a firmware upgrade to the machine in this manor since you cant do anything with the door closed (it still does it if the machine is booted with the door open) I took a video to show my fellow techs that i work with, but nobody has seen it. i tried calling Kyocera but they werent open yet at 920 am. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    wierd problem TA3501ci

Re: wierd problem TA3501ci

Does it have a fax board? Remove that, and try again. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    wierd problem TA3501ci

Your first code of C6950 points to the fuser IH PWB [it could also be caused by the fuser]. After you replaced the LV PWB, did you check U169 to make sure it is set to the voltage for your country? Since it is a TA I would assume that it would 200 V, number 2 in the 169 settings. You could also try running u021 to reinitialize the memory and/or U002 to restore the factory default settings. If the unit seems to be continually rebooting, is because it sees a difference in the reference voltages and those for the assigned country. Are all the connectors on the LV PWB firmly seated?

After I got ahold of Kyocera tech support, they suggested that I replace the engine pwb and order a second low voltage pwb. I will be visiting the machine later today with those parts in hand. In the meantime, I have uploaded the video to YouTube if anyone cares to see what the issue is.

I will start with the suggestion above first then move on to the new boards I had ordered. I will post a follow-up after my service call at the machine.

the cause of the wierd issue above was the low voltage pwb. apparently someone in my company swapped it out with the good one then sent it back to the warehouse, effectively costing them nothing in their parts budget for the month. i tried the stuff listed above with no luck so I jumped right into the engine pwb with the issue still present. new low voltage allowed the machine to boot up to a system error 0980 which is 24v problems on the yc12 on the low voltage pwb. i swapped out the engine board for the original and the error turned into c6950. both of those errors point to no 24v on the yc12 which is directly connected to the feed pwb1. So that is where my quest leads me... I will call and update kyocera on this problem. thanks for all the help!

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    wierd problem TA3501ci

Feed PWB1 may solve this for you. A lot a signals pass through this board. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=