Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Kyocera "bulletins"

Kyocera "bulletins"

I am sick and tired of getting burned by Kyocera's bullsh** bulletin access. I bang my head against the wall, ordering parts only to find out there's some "QA" buried inside their Internet Explorer Only portal. Nothing in the portal is labeled. You literally need to open every f'n one of them. These are real problems, real money and real time wasted. And, yes I opened a ticket, and no they didn't tell me there was a QA. They probably can't find them either.

/rant

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Kyocera "bulletins"

Re: Kyocera "bulletins"

I'm with you brother....

Designed in Japan
    Built in China
    Tested in USA

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

You can do a search and narrow it down a little. Fully understand the problem. Another link of theirs warned me about using IE to access abut the Portal does not.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Kyocera "bulletins"

What happened to the days when Kyocera would push out email notifications of new Tech Service Bulletins? Now even if you log on to the website and go to downloads and select technical-bulletins it does not even list service bulletins! Is there some secret code I am missing? They have to do better!

Mita or Kyocera never like to issue bulletins they hide them in QA

Mita Mylar is the Answer

certified scrub 500+ Posts
    Kyocera "bulletins"

Quote Originally Posted by JR2ALTA View Post
    I am sick and tired of getting burned by Kyocera's bullsh** bulletin access. I bang my head against the wall, ordering parts only to find out there's some "QA" buried inside their Internet Explorer Only portal. Nothing in the portal is labeled. You literally need to open every f'n one of them. These are real problems, real money and real time wasted. And, yes I opened a ticket, and no they didn't tell me there was a QA. They probably can't find them either.

/rant
    When TA4500i first came out, the fuser was just outright garbage as the heat roller coating would wearout prematurely all the frekin time**. (amongst the garbage overtoning developer, Its not remedied, but when it first came out...it was frustrating as new stuff usually are, i'm looking at YOU HP)

I went to the portal as one would... took forever to find the QA as "premature failure" and "marks" wasnt the keyword.

"fuser Staining" was.

And lonnnnng time ago, there was a change to the Transferbelt to the C3232e as the original design didnt have those "spur gears"...that took forever too...just to prove to higher ups that was the cause for some jamming.

**the problem with ALL KYOCERA fusers is they dont count idle time in fuser life. Early fuser failure is usually due to long idle time. But then on higher speed machine if you have short time to low power, you may burn out the pressure engagement motor on the fuser itself from activating frequently... nice design...
    Last edited by jmaister; 03-15-2020 at 09:57 PM.
    Idling colour developers are not healthy developers.

Kyocera "bulletins"

Thanks for sharing. My recent frustration was the 3252ci paper trays were randomly switch from letter to statement. Ordered sensors, boards. Turned out to be cassette modification in a QA.

Mind you nothing was broken or unusual about the cassette that i could've detected, just a redesign they kept hidden.

Kyocera "bulletins"

/rant
    I thought it was just me, apparently I'm not alone according to the responses.

Technician

Thanks for sharing. My recent frustration was the 3252ci paper trays were randomly switch from letter to statement. Ordered sensors, boards. Turned out to be cassette modification in a QA.

Mind you nothing was broken or unusual about the cassette that i could've detected, just a redesign they kept hidden.
    I ran across the same problem and took a lot of digging to find the solution.