Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    TA3550ci C5101 error

TA3550ci C5101 error

need a bit of help with this one. i have updated the firmware using the turbo pack. was thinking about going back and update with the full firmware package. i have the service manual. which says main high voltage error K. and lists what should be done for a fix. i have replaced the K drum unit as a whole, which has the charge roller unit in it. cleared the count afterwards. but still get the error. customer has stated she can turn it off, wait about 10 seconds, turn it back on and it works fine for awhile. it might give the error again that day, or could be the next day, or whenever. she also stated it isn't used a whole lot. i know the service manual states about the high voltage pwb and engine pwb. just wanted to see if anyone has ran into this and found a fix. just hoping i might find something before jumping into replacing the boards. also see in the manual it says something about the br eject sensor non arrival jam, that the sensor doesn't turn on. that one i haven't tested anything yet. am i understanding that correctly that it could have something to do with the bridge unit exit as well? also says something about the paper feeding from each of the paper cassettes. input is appreciated, thanks.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Luther's Avatar

Re: TA3550ci C5101 error

did you reset the charge roller count or the drum count? if not reset the charge roller count for the black drum u930, this happens if the count goes to far, the machine tries to compensate for the count

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    TA3550ci C5101 error

Yes, the C5101 can occur if the U930 charge count has not been reset when the charge roller is replaced. Keep in mind that C5101 is not just for black, it is a primary charge leak on any color. You can get this error just from swapping around charge units of varying usage.

Were it me, I'd replace all the main chargers before thinking about an HVT or Main board. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    TA3550ci C5101 error

Quote Originally Posted by dalewb74 View Post
    need a bit of help with this one. i have updated the firmware using the turbo pack. was thinking about going back and update with the full firmware package. i have the service manual. which says main high voltage error K. and lists what should be done for a fix. i have replaced the K drum unit as a whole, which has the charge roller unit in it. cleared the count afterwards. but still get the error. customer has stated she can turn it off, wait about 10 seconds, turn it back on and it works fine for awhile. it might give the error again that day, or could be the next day, or whenever. she also stated it isn't used a whole lot. i know the service manual states about the high voltage pwb and engine pwb. just wanted to see if anyone has ran into this and found a fix. just hoping i might find something before jumping into replacing the boards. also see in the manual it says something about the br eject sensor non arrival jam, that the sensor doesn't turn on. that one i haven't tested anything yet. am i understanding that correctly that it could have something to do with the bridge unit exit as well? also says something about the paper feeding from each of the paper cassettes. input is appreciated, thanks.
    Small tip: Did you perform the calibration after the replacement? If the environment is a little damp (or paper) it can make bad jokes, in case it installs a drawer heater and activates the option.