Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

2640dw crooked skewed scans

Good morning all,
    Im working on a 2640dw with skewed/crooked scans. I saw the posts about paper skew and corrected that using the suggested shim the fuser method. Now im working on the scanner. Seems that the image is turned slightly counter clockwise about 3 mills. I dont have the test charts that were mentioned. It is crooked using platen glass and Doc feeder. Both are off the same amount. Any one have suggestions?
    Chuck

Technician

Re: 2640dw crooked skewed scans

Sounds like the scanner block is out of alignment. Are you able to fit the Scanner Lock - it may just need straightening. Place a A4 sheet of paper on the glass and see if there's a gap. Does it line up? Did the device take a knock (that you know of?)

All the best!

Technician

Thanks for the input! I'm headed back to the machine today. Not sure about the machine taking a hit. I doubt it did at the customer office. I don't think they would be able to move it.

Technician

Spent a couple hours at this machine yesterday. Customer uses doc feeder mostly so I focused on feeder. Adjusted right hinge as far as possible, did some filing to get a little more adjustment and got it within 1/2 mil. I'm ok with that but customer is going to upgrade to 3145.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    2640dw crooked skewed scans

You're a better man than me. If the manual doesn't offer skew adjustment I tell the customer (in so many words) you get what you pay for. This is a desktop MFP, nothing I can do.

Technician

Delivered new M3145 yesterday. problem fixed (i hope). Someone less picky will get a nice deal on a M2640. i did get it damn close though. customer was scanning then reprinting and comparing original to reprint. thank for all the help!