Exclamation m6535cidn Horizontal stripes

I just finished replacing a gear related to the paper lifter. If took about three months to find the part and many hours figuring out how to replace it. The consumables/drums were removed during this ordeal. The machine was plugged in for the first time in three months today.

I got error codes for drum failure and developer failure. After fiddling with those a few times, it let me try to print.

It is printing horizontal bars--just black if printing b/w, all colors in successive and repeating order if printing in color.

I have tried vacuum-cleaning the drums and stuff and running all the cleaning programs in the U/I to no avail.

Does anyone know if I broke something or if leaving it sit for so long was a problem? And, especially, how do I fix it?

Thanks

Kyocera Ecosys M6535cidn
    Last edited by jsproudman1; 05-28-2020 at 11:35 PM.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    m6535cidn Horizontal stripes

Re: m6535cidn Horizontal stripes

You are learning about "light shock" the hard way.

Drums are optical devices that are designed for short cycles of less than 1 second exposed to light, and less than 1 second dark. When you leave the drums in room light for months the drum becomes unresponsive to light, leaving blank areas crossfeed.

SOME drums will recover a bit after repetitive copying cycles. You'll find out for sure after about 200 prints/copies.

I suspect you'll be buying (4) new drums. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Quote Originally Posted by jsproudman1 View Post
    I just finished replacing a gear related to the paper lifter. If took about three months to find the part and many hours figuring out how to replace it. The consumables/drums were removed during this ordeal. The machine was plugged in for the first time in three months today.

I got error codes for drum failure and developer failure. After fiddling with those a few times, it let me try to print.

It is printing horizontal bars--just black if printing b/w, all colors in successive and repeating order if printing in color.

I have tried vacuum-cleaning the drums and stuff and running all the cleaning programs in the U/I to no avail.

Does anyone know if I broke something or if leaving it sit for so long was a problem? And, especially, how do I fix it?

Thanks

Kyocera Ecosys M6535cidn
    replacing lift gears is a pain on those,check belt hv contacts from hvboard to contactors in front,seems like hv problem.

The lift gear was definitely a pain. Thankfully, I am the owner and so I can abuse it a bit. I cut a small bit of plastic off and removed enough screws to muscle it out.

I don't know what the hv board is, but I'll look into it.

Thank you, blackcat, for the tip. Next time, the drums will go in a box. Two days reassembled and it is now mostly printing correctly. No bars. The color is not quite right yet.

I'm just trying to keep my machine running! I appreciate you guys!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

this stye of print engine have given this fault described in other threads. source is HV instability/shorting. any overload of the HV will shut down and restart the HV system, resulting in pattern of heavy bars printed and no helpful codes generated. You will have to investigate the HV paths and contacts as well as all the charge rollers. There is a characteristic audible "chirp" that gives away the HV restarting phenomenon.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts Ropariva's Avatar

Many of the consumables come in black plastic bags when new. Don’t throw them out, they are great for keeping your drums in when out of the machine for maintenance.
    It’s also not a bad idea to separate the drum from the MC roller if storing for a long time.