Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

TA 3051ci void through colors

Good morning
    Not sure why but every machine i touch right now seems to be a project. Anyway i have a TA3051ci that has voided colors through the images causing a "rainbow" effect on prints. MM089 shows this best. images attached. It first showed up on c,m,y. Black looked great. Hotline suggested high voltage board. I did that, cleaned machine and ran dv refresh. 089 looked great. customer calls back a couple days later with all colors having voided lines. By the time i got to the service call it was only cyan with voided areas. I replaced cyan drum and developer and printed 200+ color news letters. I ran color belt after and everything looked great. customer called back today with cyan and yellow voided. Any ideas? This month is killing me.
    thanks
    chuck
    Attached Files Attached Files

Technician

Re: TA 3051ci void through colors

I see this sort of problem when the drums are cold. A few drum refreshes usually restores them.
    You might want to check where the copier is situated, is it sitting under a air conditioner/heat pump?
    Does the room get cold at night?

Technician

Thanks for the input but actually one day i worked on it the air conditioning was not working. I thought that might be an issue but she said the prints had gone bad the afternoon before. running developer refresh works for awhile. Seems that when the machine sits idle and calibrates is when i lose colors.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts Ropariva's Avatar

Two things combine to cause this. Drum age and moisture. We get it here usually when there has been a good soaking of rain and the machine has been off over the weekend.
    If you can recover the image to normal after perhaps one drum and one dev refresh (+ calibration and tone curve) then it’s likely you can prevent further issues by fitting a dehumidifier under the trays. You’ll need to turn on U327 to Mode 2 (on all the time) I’ve seen machines run for years after this with good image quality
    If the drums are beyond their best, it could take several drum refreshes to get the image back. We have found in cases like this we invariably have to replace a drum or two if they haven’t come up to scratch.
    So advice for the user ....Keep the machine plugged in and on at the wall. This will ensure the dehumidifier is on and keeping the paper/machine dry. Keep any unused paper in a zip loc bag, two came with the machine.
    Dehumidifier part number is under accessories
    You can also recover these units from early TA or FS8520 series machines.

Technician

Awesome! thanks We will try this today!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    TA 3051ci void through colors

I have to agree, I'm in Louisiana and moisture is a common problem with kyocera's causing voiding issues. I have quite a few of the mid line machines 255 6525 255c 8525 copiers and they are very susceptible to moisture issues. Had to pick up a demo last month that was doing it due to the fact it was in an old open style church with poor A/C and situated right by the door in the front area. Machine worked great when I installed it, a couple days later when humidity was high they had void problems. I ended up picking it up and told them good luck with another company, maybe other brands aren't as finicky but Kyocera's just hate humidity and a dehumidifier wouldn't fix the problem in that large a space. Since I do both sales and service, first thing I notice when I go in a new place is the A/C and does it feel dry inside.

Technician

You also have a bad cyan drum and it appears yellow drum (spots).

Technician

I see you did replace cyan drum already...my bad.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

"Always nice" to see typical field problems.....
    Here we are talking about system produced in 2015-july.(nearby 5 years old)
    Some values from U000 could be helpfull for further analysing.
    U110, U111, U127, U139, U158, U465/ Stress, 468/ V Correction, etc.
    Maybe hidden calibration problems on eventlog visible??
    Service Status pages also can be helpfull....
    Maybe you can share U000/ text formated file, stored on usb key..

Technician

I will do that. Obviously you have access to info using serial numbers! I may not be back down there for a few days. Unless she calls with an emergency. You say "always nice" to see typical field problems. That's not what i mumble to myself when I'm working on it. LOL these machines seem to work really well, just having some issue with this one. I appreciate all the help!