Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Kyocera 7002i thick solid black line

Changing the power pack for the main charge has taken care of this issue for me. 3 weeks so far and counting.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

As i has written in post #15
    1 case would solved after exchange from complete conveying unit.
    Maybe a grounding problem from transfer belt/ separation needle.
    Belt gets in contact to drum, because of sometimes missing ground from belt, the transfer voltage/ or separation voltage will shorten the drum surface and we get thick black line.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KYO_OEM View Post
    Belt gets in contact to drum, because of sometimes missing ground from belt, the transfer voltage/ or separation voltage will shorten the drum surface and we get thick black line.

Did all that with no change. So far the only thing that fixed my problem was replacing the main charge HV board.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brianneoe View Post
    Did all that with no change. So far the only thing that fixed my problem was replacing the main charge HV board.
    Thanks for responding, we are putting a new main high voltage in it tomorrow morning and will see what happens but from your experience that sounds like it might be culprit. If it does it again I'll look into the conveying section.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Necrocannibal View Post
    Thanks for responding, we are putting a new main high voltage in it tomorrow morning and will see what happens but from your experience that sounds like it might be culprit. If it does it again I'll look into the conveying section.

In my case transfer belt replacement solved the issue.There is a bulletin to change the new type transfer belt unit with the Yellow dot on its body. long procedure but its really helps a lot. good luck.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by callservice View Post
    In my case transfer belt replacement solved the issue.There is a bulletin to change the new type transfer belt unit with the Yellow dot on its body. long procedure but its really helps a lot. good luck.
    Thanks, we tried that a few weeks ago and it's still doing it. It has a new maintenance kit in it and now a second new transfer belt. If the HV board doesn't fix it I'll look into the conveying section.

Your sample looks like a copy. if your arrows indicate direction of scan, and you notice that the black area has a margin, then the machine appears to be writing that black line. You might want to consider taking a closer look at the scanner. You may have an image processing problem or something happening in the scanner.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Ok so they called back and it is still doing it, it has a new drum, new developer, new transfer belt, new main high voltage. Only thing left to do now is try the conveying section.

It does this on copies, prints and faxes if there was any confusion so it isn't scanner related.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Kyocera 7002i thick solid black line

Quote Originally Posted by kjg View Post
    Your sample looks like a copy. if your arrows indicate direction of scan, and you notice that the black area has a margin, then the machine appears to be writing that black line. You might want to consider taking a closer look at the scanner. You may have an image processing problem or something happening in the scanner.

Don't forget that the scanner also has a margin erase. If the original has lines out to the edge and is scanned the scanner will chop off those edges.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KYO_OEM View Post

We are trying a new conveying section now as it has a new drum, developer, transfer belt and main high voltage board. Hopefully this will take care of this.