Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Kyocera 7002i thick solid black line

Ok so we have put a new maintenance kit, new main high voltage, new transfer belt, new conveying section, tested grounds, asked our tech rep and this machine is still doing this problem. I have no idea where to go from here and I haven't heard anything back from our tech rep after this last round of things so that tells me he has no idea either.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Are you still getting the same issue sample you have on your first post, like a 1" black band ?

Quote Originally Posted by Necrocannibal View Post
    Ok so we have put a new maintenance kit, new main high voltage, new transfer belt, new conveying section, tested grounds, asked our tech rep and this machine is still doing this problem. I have no idea where to go from here and I haven't heard anything back from our tech rep after this last round of things so that tells me he has no idea either.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Kyocera 7002i thick solid black line

Unfortunately I don't have anything to add to your troubleshooting suggestion. I just kind of wanted to point out that there is a not totally insignificant amount of information about someone on your example page... Not that I really think anything is going to come of it but I would use a less personal example next time. Good luck.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by toddanderson View Post
    Are you still getting the same issue sample you have on your first post, like a 1" black band ?

It usually does one black band but has done multiple ones that are close together.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by M94 View Post
    Unfortunately I don't have anything to add to your troubleshooting suggestion. I just kind of wanted to point out that there is a not totally insignificant amount of information about someone on your example page... Not that I really think anything is going to come of it but I would use a less personal example next time. Good luck.

That is just what the customer gave our tech, I didn't even read but I figured they are ok with it being seen by others since they handed it to him.

That is just what the customer gave our tech, I didn't even read but I figured they are ok with it being seen by others since they handed it to him.
    Any news on this? Have you tried the Front PWB. I've had an issue resolved by changing that front board that interfaces with the Drum and Developer. I'm also seeing this now on other machines, 8002i mainly. I've tried the Front PWB but it did not resolve our issue on another separate instance. I'm in process to try to dig more deeper on this. I will try the Transfer Belt. So far wee have tried Drum, Developer, Front PWB and High Voltage PWB. We have another technician running into this and have pulled apart the developer and found the mag roller ground that may be contributing to this issue. We will report in any further findings. I appreciate everyone's time. Thank you.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rsantos325 View Post
    Any news on this? Have you tried the Front PWB. I've had an issue resolved by changing that front board that interfaces with the Drum and Developer. I'm also seeing this now on other machines, 8002i mainly. I've tried the Front PWB but it did not resolve our issue on another separate instance. I'm in process to try to dig more deeper on this. I will try the Transfer Belt. So far wee have tried Drum, Developer, Front PWB and High Voltage PWB. We have another technician running into this and have pulled apart the developer and found the mag roller ground that may be contributing to this issue. We will report in any further findings. I appreciate everyone's time. Thank you.
    We haven't really gotten any farther with it. They said they were having voltage issues with the circuit the machine was plugged into and that they were going to have someone come out and look into it. We told them to let us know if it continues to do it after the electrician looks at and we have not heard back from them. I think we should go check up on them but the owner said to let it be for right now.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

We haven't really gotten any farther with it. They said they were having voltage issues with the circuit the machine was plugged into and that they were going to have someone come out and look into it. We told them to let us know if it continues to do it after the electrician looks at and we have not heard back from them. I think we should go check up on them but the owner said to let it be for right now.

Thank you for the quick reply! Here are my findings:

Replacing the belt, I vacuumed the entire conveying unit and thoroughly dusted and cleaned and double checked any grounding points. I removed two mylars from the rear of the machine guide per the tech bulletin (I200) as I found it tracked to 11mm from front edge of belt to frame. It has been common occurrence that removing all mylars is required. But please be sure double check when replacing any transfer belts for the 00, 01, & 7002i, 8002i series. After replacing I ran U464, U410, U464, U412.

Prior to Transfer belt being replaced, the black bands would occur anywhere between 10-20 pages. I ran about 300 pages and the black band issue stopped so far. At first thought, it is weird that the transfer belt would initiate the black band as the image or biases do not originate from the transfer belt. I believe the issue is that it is shorting or arching the drum in a way that causes the black banding issue. That is why it happens randomly.

As a theory, this short or arch may be causing the boards to go bad.
    Or even the drum...

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rsantos325 View Post
    Thank you for the quick reply! Here are my findings:

Replacing the belt, I vacuumed the entire conveying unit and thoroughly dusted and cleaned and double checked any grounding points. I removed two mylars from the rear of the machine guide per the tech bulletin (I200) as I found it tracked to 11mm from front edge of belt to frame. It has been common occurrence that removing all mylars is required. But please be sure double check when replacing any transfer belts for the 00, 01, & 7002i, 8002i series. After replacing I ran U464, U410, U464, U412.

Prior to Transfer belt being replaced, the black bands would occur anywhere between 10-20 pages. I ran about 300 pages and the black band issue stopped so far. At first thought, it is weird that the transfer belt would initiate the black band as the image or biases do not originate from the transfer belt. I believe the issue is that it is shorting or arching the drum in a way that causes the black banding issue. That is why it happens randomly.

As a theory, this short or arch may be causing the boards to go bad.
    Or even the drum...
    I'll look into that thank you. Our problem has been the bands only appear once it twice every few days so it's very hard to isolate.

Question Re: Kyocera 7002i thick solid black line

I have an 8002i giving the same black line once or twice every 10k. It started when the copier was at 1.5 million and after the maintenance kit was fitted at 1.9 million
    the problem disappeared. But has been producing the inch wide black line intermittently since 2.3 million. Has anyone come up with a definitive solution as the customer
    is not eager to spend money buying parts. I don't have a spare machine to swap parts from so as to fix the problem by a process of elimination. The print content is vaguely
    visible under the black line so the laser exposes the image on the drum correctly therefore the black line is generated by a drop in charge at the (crummy) charge roller or by
    a loss of the dev bias. It is a head wrecker !!! Any ideas or suggestions would be much appreciated.