Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Kyocera 7002i thick solid black line

So we did the mylars in accordance to the tech bulletin and it is still doing it. We ordered the drum drive unit and hope thr ground is the issue.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

good luck

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KYO_OEM View Post
    good luck
    Thanks, hopefully this is thr issue because I have no idea where to go from here.

meanwhile have heard from several cases which would finally solved by this way.

Hello,

for information I already had exactly the same problem.
    solved by changing the transfer belt.
    have a good day.
    Do not lament,
    do not mock,
    do not hate,
    but understand.

belt + complete conveying unit would already replaced without success.
    We also have had this kind of issue and 1 time it would solved by new TR and in 1 case new complete conveying unit needed.
    But ib this case it wouldn`t solved with both parts.
    It`s clear for me that we are talking about grounding problem, but why we are missing sometimes the grounding, this is the question.
    Meanwhile i received 1 internal experience from KDC (non official bulletin), they are talking about missing ground for drum unit ( in rare cases)and new drum motor needed or you has to clean the shaft and the usage from low impedance grease also needed....

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Okay, we so we have replaced the drum unit, developer, transfer belt, mylars for transfer belt, high voltage power supply, main conveying unit, drum drive unit, cleaned all drum grounds and vacuumed out the entire machine to ensure it isn't arcing to anything. It is still doing it and I have no idea what to do to fix this and my tech rep just keeps telling me it is transfer belt related and offers no actual suggestions to try and help. If anyone has any ideas I am all ears, please send them my way.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rsantos325 View Post
    Multiple reports indicated in this post has fixed this issue by either drum kit (which includes new charge roller), developer kit, Front PWB, High Voltage PWB, or Transfer Belt. I experienced first case being the Front PWB. Another one of my personal experience was the Transfer belt addressing this problem. The Maintenance Kit includes the Transfer Belt, Drum, and Developer. So it may be between these 3 parts in most cases. There has been a change to the Transfer belt about a year or so ago that require mylars to be placed or removed depending how far the transfer belt tracked by measuring belt front machine edge to the metal frame. Since this change of transfer belt (assuming change in the production/manufacturing of the transfer belt), I've experienced uneven density, transfer belt tracking to either front or rear of the machine causing damage of the transfer belt, or the thick black band in question. This transfer belt issue is linked to the 00 (5500i), 01 (5501i), and 7002i/8002i series machines. So far, the thick black banding issue only seems to occur on the 7002i/8002i machines.

Do you by chance have the part number or name for this front board? The only board I see in the parts manual that is close to what you are talking about is the Front Mono PWB. Is that the board you have replaced to fix this issue? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Necrocannibal View Post
    Do you by chance have the part number or name for this front board? The only board I see in the parts manual that is close to what you are talking about is the Front Mono PWB. Is that the board you have replaced to fix this issue? Thanks
    302NJ94070 _ PARTS PWB FRONT MONO ASSY SP.

any progress?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rpizzle View Post
    302NJ94070 _ PARTS PWB FRONT MONO ASSY SP.

any progress?
    Thank you, I assumed that was it from my research. We replaced that board last Friday and so far haven't had any call backs but it is too early to tell. I'm going to wait two weeks before calling it repaired.