Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Kyocera can't access command center printer web page (fix)

Hi everyone!

I had a little trouble yesterday when installed a KM-5050.

After LAN plugged it was not possible to access COMMAND CENTER PRINTER WEB PAGE by is IP until I...

..From NETWORK switched OFF SSL, after put LOGIN 5050 and PWD 5050 at login screen, then
    i put the s after "https" and then the Printer IP..

result? I entered finally the Command Center from the browser!

SSL encryption can do this frustrating thing the first time.

I hope it would be helpful!

Cheers!

Service Tech / IT Rep 100+ Posts JVergin's Avatar

Re: Kyocera can't access command center printer web page (fix)

I've had a similar issue before on a different model. I left SSL ON, but I had to allow both HTTP and HTTPS.

In my case, I was able to access the web interface through HTTPS, but as soon as I attempted to login, it would actually crash the copier. It would lock up and eventually give an Fxxx code. Allowing both HTTP and HTTPS allowed me to use HTTP to make any changes through the web interface. Because I left SSL on, I could still utilize an SMTP server which required it.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts rapo_tech's Avatar

Have same problem on FS-C8520...

Working browsers so far are firefox and IE11 (Edge, chrome crashes printer over https)

Alternate fix is to allow both HTTP and HTTPS in settings and connecting over http is working on all browsers.

Disabling SSL also works but then you canīt authenticate SMTP server

Hi. I am a home user with two Kyocera Ecosys FS-1035MFPs and an Ecosys P3045dn. I have no trouble entering Command Center for the P3045dn with Chrome, but I cannot do so for the 1035MFPs. I was helped by the tip by rapo_tech, and I was successful using IE11.

However, I am not experienced enough to understand how and where to make the changes that allow for this fix (but I am good at following directions):

"Alternate fix is to allow both HTTP and HTTPS in settings and connecting over http is working on all browsers."

If someone could help me determine which "settings" in which program, I would be grateful.

Thanks
    Ken K

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Generally, when I come across a Kyocera machine, I usually check then turn on http and https. I also turn off WPS printing and scanning. Why? Just because...

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kdkrone View Post
    Hi. I am a home user with two Kyocera Ecosys FS-1035MFPs and an Ecosys P3045dn. I have no trouble entering Command Center for the P3045dn with Chrome, but I cannot do so for the 1035MFPs. I was helped by the tip by rapo_tech, and I was successful using IE11.

However, I am not experienced enough to understand how and where to make the changes that allow for this fix (but I am good at following directions):

"Alternate fix is to allow both HTTP and HTTPS in settings and connecting over http is working on all browsers."

If someone could help me determine which "settings" in which program, I would be grateful.

Thanks
    Ken K
    The 1035's don't support the encryption levels required by the browsers, so there is no change you can make. Basically an outdated browser is the only way to access them.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

"The 1035's don't support the encryption levels required by the browsers, so there is no change you can make. Basically an outdated browser is the only way to access them."

Well, thanks, tmaged. You have saved me a lot of time. Fortunately, I have IE11 and that works. I appreciate your response.

KenK

(Does anyone know if there will be any software from Kyocera that will resolve this?)

Senior Tech 100+ Posts rapo_tech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kdkrone View Post

(Does anyone know if there will be any software from Kyocera that will resolve this?)
    99% sure they wonīt...

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Kyocera has a bulletin for this issue but dont think it helps on older modelsGENENTB118.pdf general bulletin 18

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by craigster View Post
    Kyocera has a bulletin for this issue but don't think it helps on older modelsGENENTB118.pdf general bulletin 18
    I just ran into this issue with a Kyocera and went into network security settings and enabled TLS 1.2 or higher on the clientside settings and was able to access the command center through Firefox and Edge. I first had to go though IE to access the web page in order to enable those options.
    So, I'm thinking that if your machine does not support TLS 1.2 or higher you will have to use IE to access the webpage. On the other hand, I did not have this issue on an older Sharp that does not support TLS 1.2 or higher at the same account. I was able to use both Firefox and Edge without any issues besides the normal security risk option to procced to the webpage.