Kyocera 4551ci - Defect Lines When Scanning Via DP-772(B) ADF

First post on this site...

I have just acquired a 4551ci manufactured in late 2016 which is in very good physical & cosmetic condition. It has the DP-770(B) document processor (not a DP-772(B) as in the thread title).

Printing and scanning from the scanning glass both work well but defect lines are introduced when scanning via the document processor. Does anyone have any suggestions on the cause of this, please?

I'm going to discuss what to do with the supplier who may propose a replacement 4551ci but I'm using this in a home office and I really can't face getting this one on a pallet and then installing a replacement. Is replacing just the DP-770(B) an option?

(I've attached photos of (i) the original double-sided test document, (ii) the result of scanning 'portrait to the operator'), and (iii) the result of scanning 'landscape to the operator'.)

Regards,

Peter
    Attached Images Attached Images

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: Kyocera 4551ci - Defect Lines When Scanning Via DP-772(B) ADF

Quote Originally Posted by pcawthron View Post
    First post on this site...

I have just acquired a 4551ci manufactured in late 2016 which is in very good physical & cosmetic condition. It has the DP-770(B) document processor (not a DP-772(B) as in the thread title).

Printing and scanning from the scanning glass both work well but defect lines are introduced when scanning via the document processor. Does anyone have any suggestions on the cause of this, please?

I'm going to discuss what to do with the supplier who may propose a replacement 4551ci but I'm using this in a home office and I really can't face getting this one on a pallet and then installing a replacement. Is replacing just the DP-770(B) an option?

(I've attached photos of (i) the original double-sided test document, (ii) the result of scanning 'portrait to the operator'), and (iii) the result of scanning 'landscape to the operator'.)

Regards,

Peter

did you clean the optics?

what have you done?

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post

what have you done?
    +1 basic problem
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post

what have you done?
    I did check the scanning glass was clean...apart from the strip used by the the document feeder. Once I found 'Dust Check' under U073 I found some stubborn white marks on that part of the scanning glass. Thanks for directing me there!

The machine has printed 517,000 pages since new at the start of 2016 or around 9,500 pages a month, but only cost me £200 delivered with toners between 24% and 50%. CM have the highest drum counts at 311k, and CMY have developer counts of 311k as well. Black drum and developer were replaced 31k pages ago

Since I'll only be printing 1,000 - 2,000 pages a month do you think it'll last me a little while?

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

I did check the scanning glass was clean...apart from the strip used by the the document feeder. Once I found 'Dust Check' under U073 I found some stubborn white marks on that part of the scanning glass. Thanks for directing me there!

The machine has printed 517,000 pages since new at the start of 2016 or around 9,500 pages a month, but only cost me £200 delivered with toners between 24% and 50%. CM have the highest drum counts at 311k, and CMY have developer counts of 311k as well. Black drum and developer were replaced 31k pages ago

Since I'll only be printing 1,000 - 2,000 pages a month do you think it'll last me a little while?
    If you didnt know that a simple black line issue is dirt on the scan glass you will continue to have various bigger issues.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

certified scrub 500+ Posts

machine were usually upgraded at the end of lease, just like a vehicle.

i would do a color print of red blue and green and see how they hold up.
    Idling colour developers are not healthy developers.