Technician
    Kyocera C307ci streaking issue laserband labels C7620 error

Heading out the door so this will be fast and probably incomplete, I'll pick this up this afternoon...

TA-307 159k count, C7620 error every 100 to 200 prints. I would clean the registration lenses and the code goes away. I run a calibration U464? the check the U904 for an error, then repeat the cleaning if needed. This works every time. If I just run the calibration U464 without cleaning, the U904 count goes up. So it works...

Had streaking issue at 149k and replaced DK-(K),TR, and TB. I had a MK available so I was able to swap all three parts with new. Swapped each as and individual and then ran prints, so I determined that all three needed replacement.

Talked to the IT guy and he said that the previous machine from a different dealer had issues with the transfer belt as well.

Ours is on KFS and firmware is up to date.

Every patient gets a normal letter, wrist labels and full page labels. My guess is that labels are gumming up these parts. They are Laserband brand and they don't feel "gooey" on the print side and all of the part are below the fuser (so the labels are room temp while going through the transfer).

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: Kyocera C307ci streaking issue laserband labels C7620 error

Quote Originally Posted by dschultz31 View Post
    Heading out the door so this will be fast and probably incomplete, I'll pick this up this afternoon...

TA-307 159k count, C7620 error every 100 to 200 prints. I would clean the registration lenses and the code goes away. I run a calibration U464? the check the U904 for an error, then repeat the cleaning if needed. This works every time. If I just run the calibration U464 without cleaning, the U904 count goes up. So it works...

Had streaking issue at 149k and replaced DK-(K),TR, and TB. I had a MK available so I was able to swap all three parts with new. Swapped each as and individual and then ran prints, so I determined that all three needed replacement.

Talked to the IT guy and he said that the previous machine from a different dealer had issues with the transfer belt as well.

Every patient gets a normal letter, wrist labels and full page labels. My guess is that labels are gumming up these parts. They are Laserband brand and they don't feel "gooey" on the print side and all of the part are below the fuser (so the labels are room temp while going through the transfer).

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

1) i would check to see if the labels are approved for that machine.. just because they are LASER compatible doesn't mean they are GOOD quality labels.
    2) MAKE SURE THE pc AND unit jive on the thickness/type of media being used
    3) check drums/belt for excess glue in the area of the streaks.
    4) Exampes in PDF format would be nice to see.

Phil B. "The Dentist"

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dschultz31 View Post

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    I've had that problem with labels mine was the charge roller
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

It's been a while since I've had a hospital running the wrist bands. We had them set up to run letter-R. This was on a KM-4050. I ended up having to switch it to letter portrait, as it would wear the drum on the perferation for the bands. Obviously you don't have that option on a 307ci. It might be time to switch the MFP out for an A3 MFP.
    We have a bunch of those out, 306-308ci. A lot of them we get C7620 daily through KFS. The end user never sees it. I've tried to talk with Kyocera regarding it, but never really got anywhere. I just ignore it any more.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    1) i would check to see if the labels are approved for that machine.. just because they are LASER compatible doesn't mean they are GOOD quality labels.
    2) MAKE SURE THE pc AND unit jive on the thickness/type of media being used
    3) check drums/belt for excess glue in the area of the streaks.
    4) Exampes in PDF format would be nice to see.

Phil B. "The Dentist"
    I'm going to check the labels next week.
    We made three print drivers (PD), each with the preferences set for each cassette. PD1 C#3 Letter Plain, PD2 C#2 Wristbands Custom Normal 2 and PD3 C#3 Labels Custom Normal 2. We the chose the media type for speed and when we ran it in house, they didn't smear or jam.
    I could see the marks on the transfer belt and the roller and they corresponded to the marks on the paper. I cleaned the main charge first, and no change. During diagnoses, I put a new drum in and no change. When I used the old drum with the new transfer belt and new transfer roller, still no change. Once I replaced all three, then it was normal.

I uploaded a couple examples of the smearing/streaking. doc00558020200702080752 (1).pdfdoc00558020200702080752 (2).pdfdoc00558120200702082932.pdf

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by tmaged View Post
    It's been a while since I've had a hospital running the wrist bands. We had them set up to run letter-R. This was on a KM-4050. I ended up having to switch it to letter portrait, as it would wear the drum on the perferation for the bands. Obviously you don't have that option on a 307ci. It might be time to switch the MFP out for an A3 MFP.
    We have a bunch of those out, 306-308ci. A lot of them we get C7620 daily through KFS. The end user never sees it. I've tried to talk with Kyocera regarding it, but never really got anywhere. I just ignore it any more.
    We originally quoted an A3 xx53 series, but the 307 has a smaller footprint for their space. Thanks for the info on the C7620, I can clean the registration lenses and the issue goes away and you're right that the customer doesn't notice.

Technician

Update to the C7620 and 7614 codes and the label issue for this machine:

Hotline suggested a new yellow developer for the 7614. I forgot to mention the C7614 at the beginning.

When changing the yellow developer, I noticed that the ID sensors were covered with black toner. LOTS! The ID sensor cleaner/cover only activates when you open the front door, it doesn't have a solenoid. Later I then changed the black developer, as per the hotline. The frequency of C7620 has gone down tremendously. I have been cleaning these sensors on a monthly basis due to the codes and I never noticed how coated they were.

So for the 7620 and 7614, installing new yellow and black developer seemed to fix it.

The image quality issue with the TB, TR, and DK(K) hasn't returned since installing new parts. I looked up the labels but couldn't find any info about them being coated and that the coating could cause a problem. Didn't have time to email or call the manufacture, only google.

So, it was two separate issues and the machine seems to be functioning with out any new problems. Fingers crossed!