Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field service tech. 100+ Posts Froota's Avatar

Automate printjob from folder with ftp on Kyocera

Hi guys,

I'm struggling with something I never used before. Customer wants to drop a pdf to a specific folder, and this document should be printed automatically on a Kyocera device.
    Apparently this can be fixed with FTP, allthough I've never set it up, for example on a Taskalfa 2553ci.

FTP server (receive) is set to on in the protocol menu (command center), and I was abble to connect to the ftp with a command prompt (ftp://ipdevice), also through filezilla for example.

question 1:
    I can see LP1-2-3 and 4, four folder locations, but I don't exactly know what this means and where I can find this location on the printer.

question 2:
    I've tried to map one of the four LP folders so we can drop documents in it, but this isn't possible i guess?

Question 3:
    Do i need a script to load documents to this ftp location, if yes, can someone help me with this?

Otherwise I can't find any service or hands-on manual/procedure to set those things up........

Thx in advance guys,

Froota

Re: Automate printjob from folder with ftp on Kyocera

Nice one, there maybe a hypass app or some kind of workflow you can setup for it. I saw Toshiba has it. Put a call into the Hotline
    If you don't have support as a tech call them as the customer

There are some 3rd party software that can also do it.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts Ropariva's Avatar

You can just browse to the LP ports. Just type in \\(IP-Address) and you will see the LP ports. Drop your PDF into any one of these.

Field service tech. 100+ Posts Froota's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ropariva View Post
    You can just browse to the LP ports. Just type in \\(IP-Address) and you will see the LP ports. Drop your PDF into any one of these.
    Yes, I could browse it before, but for what stands LP? Logical printer? if so, what benefit does the 4 maps gives to me?

I added one of the 4 lp folders as a networkfolder, and now i can drop and automatically print, so this works already.