Technician
    Kyocera M3645 very light copies (fix)

I thought I'd give you guys a head up on this one. Extremely light copies, text barely able to see. Pull out the main charge assembly and run a copy. If it comes out solid black, which would eliminate transfer and dev bias, do this before throwing parts in the machine (like I did): Go to system settings, adjustment/maintenance, service settings and look for MC. Select a different setting (default is 3). Doesn't matter which one, just something different and see what happens. For me, it came out with perfect copy quality. Then I set it back to 3 and it still worked fine. My only guess is something glitched in the NVRAM and caused a setting which overcharged the drum. Now, I did this after replacing the controller board so I don't really know if the original problem came from the board or not. It's worth a shot and it's free. Earlier versions of this machine has the same setting so I would assume it would work with those older units.

Technician

Re: Kyocera M3645 very light copies (fix)

By the way, I meant to mention in the original post that after replacing the controller board I still had the light copies. It was then that I found that MC setting. I had also replaced the LSU before trying the controller.