Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    TA 4551 Reprint 1st thing in the morning Color & B/W

Hello, I couldn't get examples but the copies come out (First thing in the morning) with the Initial print reprinted on the copy about the length of the fuser roller. I replaced the Black drum, Transfer belt and Replace fuser with Brand new. Still no change. At this point I am thinking inductive heater but thought the machine would code out if this were the culprit. Any help would be extremely helpful... Thanks so much !!

Re: TA 4551 Reprint 1st thing in the morning Color & B/W

so you mentioned it does it first thing in the morning. after it runs awhile it clears up or no? you used kyocera parts?

Quote Originally Posted by dalewb74 View Post
    so you mentioned it does it first thing in the morning. after it runs awhile it clears up or no? you used kyocera parts?
    Yes, after the first 10-15 copies it clears up and copies look beautiful. To the point, I haven't been able to duplicate the problem. I use Kyocera parts...

Quote Originally Posted by dalewb74 View Post
    Yes, after the first 10-15 copies it clears up and copies look beautiful. To the point, I haven't been able to duplicate the problem. I use Kyocera parts...

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Two suggestions:

Let me back up ... there was a Sharp tabletop model that used to fuser multiple image the first two pages after awakening from sleep mode, usually fax receptions or prints not copies. I had just got my fancy new meter with the bi-metal temperature probe, so I started monitoring.

So forgive me for not remembering the precise numbers, but in sleep mode I seem to recall it stabilizing at 120C. When a print or fax arrived, printing would start at ~165C then eventually stabilize at 180C. The first two prints took place while the fuser was between 165C and 180C, and were poorly fused or multiple imaged.

Unfortunately this particular model of Sharp did not allow me to change the sleep timer, which was my first choice. My second choice was to select a heavier media type, or bump up the fuser temperature 5C.

So I wasn't really able to change the real problem ... that it just starts printing before the fuser is hot enough, then overshoots the ideal fuser temperature by 20C before settling at 180C. But if you make the fuser hotter or slower by selecting a hotter media type it may be less noticeable.
    =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Two suggestions:

Let me back up ... there was a Sharp tabletop model that used to fuser multiple image the first two pages after awakening from sleep mode, usually fax receptions or prints not copies. I had just got my fancy new meter with the bi-metal temperature probe, so I started monitoring.

So forgive me for not remembering the precise numbers, but in sleep mode I seem to recall it stabilizing at 120C. When a print or fax arrived, printing would start at ~165C then eventually stabilize at 180C. The first two prints took place while the fuser was between 165C and 180C, and were poorly fused or multiple imaged.

Unfortunately this particular model of Sharp did not allow me to change the sleep timer, which was my first choice. My second choice was to select a heavier media type, or bump up the fuser temperature 5C.

So I wasn't really able to change the real problem ... that it just starts printing before the fuser is hot enough, then overshoots the ideal fuser temperature by 20C before settling at 180C. But if you make the fuser hotter or slower by selecting a hotter media type it may be less noticeable.
    =^..^=
    Hmmm. Hadn't thought of that... Of course... The building gets cold at night... Fuser does too... Thanks again !!!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Here is another option to try. In the system menu, you can change the fuser temp for each type of paper. Go to system menu>common settings>paper settings>media type settings and select the type paper you are using. This will allow you to change the fuser temp slightly to compensate for different types or brands of paper. Usually going one step higher (ie from #2 to # 3) works for most applications. You may have to play with these settings. Also I may not have given the exact way to get to this setting since it varies from machine to machine. On some machines, the firmware will have to be up to date for this setting to be found in the system menu. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by lees View Post
    Here is another option to try. In the system menu, you can change the fuser temp for each type of paper. Go to system menu>common settings>paper settings>media type settings and select the type paper you are using. This will allow you to change the fuser temp slightly to compensate for different types or brands of paper. Usually going one step higher (ie from #2 to # 3) works for most applications. You may have to play with these settings. Also I may not have given the exact way to get to this setting since it varies from machine to machine. On some machines, the firmware will have to be up to date for this setting to be found in the system menu. Hope this helps.
    This helps alot Thanks So Much !!!

I showed up 1st thing in the morning and increased the fuser temp (for Print) 5 and and increased the paper type weight and still got the "reprint". Then it clears up after 10 or so copies. Whats weired is that the fuser temp issue should code out. Thinking I will change the IH board and go from there,,, Any thoughts would be very helpful Thanks... I attached pics...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Try cooler. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=