Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

FS-6525MFP energy light on

Hi all, has anyone seen this fault, the copier basically has the low power light on, no display visible, switching off/on doesn’t recover it, no fans run when switching off and on, just low power light on. Strange thing is that it recovers if left off for a while , I’m thinking LVU. Any ideas appreciated

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    FS-6525MFP energy light on

Re: FS-6525MFP energy light on

Quote Originally Posted by taskalfa View Post
    Hi all, has anyone seen this fault, the copier basically has the low power light on, no display visible, switching off/on doesn’t recover it, no fans run when switching off and on, just low power light on. Strange thing is that it recovers if left off for a while , I’m thinking LVU. Any ideas appreciated
    Hard to say how likely it is, but I would definitely try plugging the device into another circuit in the building. I know I live in an area with extremely dirty power and can cause all sorts of confusing power state inconsistencies. Although to be honest this is based more on my experience with PCs than with MFPs, so take it with a grain of salt. Certainly couldn't hurt to try.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

the big filter capacitors in the low voltage pwb are toast. there was a firmware update that kept waking the machine for a second in order to prevent those caps from overcharging from recified input noise while no load. you'll need to replace the low voltage pwb which is beside the LSU in the center of the chassis. on a problem machine that eats boards, might be tempted to add some 1meg resistors across those two caps to bleed off the overcharge.
    watch out for those caps when handling these boards from cadavers, they keep a charge and will blow the tip right off a screwdriver that might find it's way across the points!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sparkycivic View Post
    the big filter capacitors in the low voltage pwb are toast. there was a firmware update that kept waking the machine for a second in order to prevent those caps from overcharging from recified input noise while no load. you'll need to replace the low voltage pwb which is beside the LSU in the center of the chassis. on a problem machine that eats boards, might be tempted to add some 1meg resistors across those two caps to bleed off the overcharge.
    watch out for those caps when handling these boards from cadavers, they keep a charge and will blow the tip right off a screwdriver that might find it's way across the points!
    Thanks for that info, I know the bulletin has the procedure to discharge the caps