Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Kyocera FS-C5100DN to use genuine or generic toner?

Re: Kyocera FS-C5100DN to use genuine or generic toner?

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    PS - Here's the Supreme Court Ruling: Static Control Inc. vs. Lexmark

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinion...2-873_3dq3.pdf
    the issue wasn't the toner thing.. it was due to the SOFTWARE on the toner ctg chip.

I too was trained at SCC for a month when my boss wanted to start re-manning toner carts. Theyy didn't win right away either it went back n forth in court for a while.
    Sanford is just a hop skip and a jump from my house

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    the issue wasn't the toner thing.. it was due to the SOFTWARE on the toner ctg chip.

I too was trained at SCC for a month when my boss wanted to start re-manning toner carts. Theyy didn't win right away either it went back n forth in court for a while.
    Sanford is just a hop skip and a jump from my house

Damn, dude, you get around. lol

I understand the chip concerns but I've literally sold thousands of remans that we rebuilt and the chip/software was never an issue for us. I will say this:

The OEMs are making it increasingly difficult to make a generic chip and it's taking much longer for Static Control to come out with them.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    Damn, dude, you get around. lol

I understand the chip concerns but I've literally sold thousands of remans that we rebuilt and the chip/software was never an issue for us. I will say this:

The OEMs are making it increasingly difficult to make a generic chip and it's taking much longer for Static Control to come out with them.
    well 31+ years in the industry I have seen companies come n go.. worked for most of them. ATS Inc and Toner Solutions were two that remanned toners.

ATS sent me there for the month of training... that's where I learned the trick with Nu Finish car polish on PCR's.

It wasn't until in later years the OEM's started having chips install to avoid piracy. Most companies used the cheap China chips, but they were at best lousy copies.

SCC is one of the few that have a software team to write/program the chips. THAT is the way they beat Lexmark at their own game. HP Lex Xerox Dell had all taken out lawsuits against SCC... I know Lex and HP lost their suits... can't really say about the others tho.

Yes SCC is IMHO the BESTEST ;-) but then again being from NC I MIGHT be a little biased.

Lex still has a problem with their OEM crap failing... Lenovo in RTP switched from Lex to Xerox ( WHY?) because of all the failures.. Seemed like I needed an office in the Lenovo building just to handle the Lex crap. Once they switched to Xerox the boss pulled support from them.

Now RICOH still has proprietary formula for their toner and they CAN/DO void warranties due to non-OEM genuine toner usage.

Color toner (even SCC) has always had problems. mainly due to bias setting can't match up correctly.

sorry to burst your bubble brother.

well 31+ years in the industry I have seen companies come n go.. worked for most of them. ATS Inc and Toner Solutions were two that remanned toners.

ATS sent me there for the month of training... that's where I learned the trick with Nu Finish car polish on PCR's.

It wasn't until in later years the OEM's started having chips install to avoid piracy. Most companies used the cheap China chips, but they were at best lousy copies.

SCC is one of the few that have a software team to write/program the chips. THAT is the way they beat Lexmark at their own game. HP Lex Xerox Dell had all taken out lawsuits against SCC... I know Lex and HP lost their suits... can't really say about the others tho.

Yes SCC is IMHO the BESTEST ;-) but then again being from NC I MIGHT be a little biased.

Lex still has a problem with their OEM crap failing... Lenovo in RTP switched from Lex to Xerox ( WHY?) because of all the failures.. Seemed like I needed an office in the Lenovo building just to handle the Lex crap. Once they switched to Xerox the boss pulled support from them.

Now RICOH still has proprietary formula for their toner and they CAN/DO void warranties due to non-OEM genuine toner usage.

Color toner (even SCC) has always had problems. mainly due to bias setting can't match up correctly.

sorry to burst your bubble brother.
    I'm gonna have to disagree with you here. When Static Control won their supreme court case, it wasn't just a victory vs. Lexmark. It applied to ALL copier/printer manufactures. In other words, they can't stop Static control from making a compatible for any brand.

I won't go so far as to say that Static Control is perfect. No one is. But folks shouldn't go around saying that it's not a good idea to use a compatible. In fact, many government accounts won't use anything but compatibles because they want to save the environment by recycling.

Quote Originally Posted by Rok1215 View Post
    Damn, I did not think about the amount of toner you get when you buy a new printer..
    Naive me though it would include a full toner.. did not see anything regarding amount of toner in the product page.. do they disclose how much % toner there actually is in a new printer?

And maybe trying for the generic toner and seeing how long it lasts, and then opting to buy a new one would be most ideal for me.
    Consider for P6235cdn... About 450€ for printer You have toners Black for 6000 pages and CMY for 5000 pages. For C5100DN is set of TK-540 (K:5000, CMY:4000) with official price 400€

Informations about starter toners You find on datasheets.

Quote Originally Posted by kubajz27 View Post
    Consider for P6235cdn... About 450€ for printer You have toners Black for 6000 pages and CMY for 5000 pages. For C5100DN is set of TK-540 (K:5000, CMY:4000) with official price 400€

Informations about starter toners You find on datasheets.
    ok i'm done with thread... I've stated my piece .. do whatever the fuck you want but remember this:

Pay me Now or Pay me Later; Pay Me you will! - YouTube

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

ok i'm done with thread... I've stated my piece .. do whatever the fuck you want but remember this:

Pay me Now or Pay me Later; Pay Me you will! - YouTube
    LOL..I remember that commercial. On a side note.. I am more of a WIX guy.

Choosing the BEST OIL FILTER...FRAM vs WIX vs K&N vs Others - YouTube

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts

Oem for me toner & parts

Buy cheap buy twice
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rok1215 View Post
    Hello,
    I need to replace the Kyocera FS-C5100DN original toner that came with the printer when we bought it.
    Now looking at the prices, the original toner set I can get for around 300€ while a generic set costs 100€, 1/3 of the price.

I've heard that the generic ones can damage the printer.
    What would you suggest and any experiences with using generic toners?
    It is up to you . Kyocera machine usually have problems with generic toners . Especially those which don't have separate developer and toner . But the cost of genuin toner is huge so you can use generic toner knowning that it will harm your printer. Till it lusts.