Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts rapo_tech's Avatar

Kyocera TA2552ci does not print yellow

When I pulled out yellow drum it was coated with yellow toner to the point where it touches transfer belt. Image of drum - Imgur: The magic of the Internet
    OEM toners and parts.

Yellow drum is in very bad state. Coating on yellow drum has worn off on edges. Tried to swap drums but nothing changed. Should I execute "U119 Setting the drum" after i swap drums?

Event log shows Bias calib failure yellow. So this tells me some values might be very wrong? And thats why the toner is not reaching to paper?

I will try used good condition yellow developer tomorrow.

Any thoughts and ideas are greatly appreciated
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Kyocera TA2552ci does not print yellow

check the yellow transfer roller in the primary transfer belt

Quote Originally Posted by rapo_tech View Post
    When I pulled out yellow drum it was coated with yellow toner to the point where it touches transfer belt. Image of drum - Imgur: The magic of the Internet
    OEM toners and parts.

Yellow drum is in very bad state. Coating on yellow drum has worn off on edges. Tried to swap drums but nothing changed. Should I execute "U119 Setting the drum" after i swap drums?

Event log shows Bias calib failure yellow. So this tells me some values might be very wrong? And thats why the toner is not reaching to paper?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

see if that drum is being driven at all, put a mark on the end of the drum with a marker, run the machine, then inspect the drum again to see if it turned.
    also check if the drum isn't stuck from a toner waste backup within the internal auger, as well the waste exit shutter at the rear of the drum.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

OEM toners and parts.

Since you have had error codes for the yellow bias, it would lead me to believe you have a bad developer. Toner lines on any drum are common after running a copy, it does not really indicate anything. Drum coatings will wear off on the edges but does not affect the operation of the drum as proven by you swapping drums with no effect. If after replacing the yellow developer [good choice] you still have the absence of yellow on the mig output, you would be looking at replacing the HV board. Had a case on this unit a month or so ago where it turned out to be the HV junction board after replacing the HV board, the sub-HV board and the engine board. It is a small board buried behind the main board and the engine board. Hopefully for you the developer will solve the issue as replacing the junction board is a three hour job.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Do you know the name in the manual for Sub-HV and HV junction pwb
    I am searching in the manual and not finding
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Santander View Post
    Since you have had error codes for the yellow bias, it would lead me to believe you have a bad developer. Toner lines on any drum are common after running a copy, it does not really indicate anything. Drum coatings will wear off on the edges but does not affect the operation of the drum as proven by you swapping drums with no effect. If after replacing the yellow developer [good choice] you still have the absence of yellow on the mig output, you would be looking at replacing the HV board. Had a case on this unit a month or so ago where it turned out to be the HV junction board after replacing the HV board, the sub-HV board and the engine board. It is a small board buried behind the main board and the engine board. Hopefully for you the developer will solve the issue as replacing the junction board is a three hour job.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

C7614 you get because no yellow toner on transfer belt/ no bias adjustment possible
    C7620 you get because no automatically color calibration possible
    For checkiong if you have a bad developer you can remove the MC and run a printout/ stop system by opening a door and check surface from DK for yellow toner
    Check also drum drive coupling in the rear. Have had several cases in past. Your system would produced in 6Z, this means 2016/ dec. --> maybe grease from coupling is harden
    I never saw HV junction board behind main and engine case.
    Yesterday i removed toner hopper and container drive units and i can`t find other pwb than transfer high voltage pwb...

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Luther's Avatar

Your going to find you have no yellow laser, those codes are no yellow image on transfer belt, run u089 and see if it prints any yellow, if it doesnt its going to be the yellow laser, if its bad it does not throw a code, had 2 or 3 early 2 series with this issue

Probably is defective LSU Unit, I changed in one case...
    Check Yellow Develop Unit first.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts rapo_tech's Avatar

After swapping yellow drum and developer, the printout got pitch perfect

And when i swapped back to old units, it kept printing yellow but the sides of paper and background were yellow also.. probably cause the drum is worn off.

I think to be sure, i´m gonna swap both developer and drum for new units...

Thanks for helping

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts

OEM toners and parts.

You have a bit off grey plastic with moves out sometimes front on dev unit
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com