Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: M3655idn print/copy hesitation issue

Make sure the spring is on the feed holder assembly. We have seen this spring missing or out of place and cause this issue. The machine tries to pick up paper but sometimes it has to try several times before it picks it up. It usually will not show a jam, just slow printing.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Since you have done sim 21 I would try doing the same job out of the bypass tray and see if it exhibits the same issue. If it works fine I would check the spring being displaced on the feed assy for the main tray. I had the same issue on a M6525cidn.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts progoffice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by craigster View Post
    Since you have done sim 21 I would try doing the same job out of the bypass tray and see if it exhibits the same issue. If it works fine I would check the spring being displaced on the feed assy for the main tray. I had the same issue on a M6525cidn.
    It does the same thing through the bypass tray and the spring is in its correct position for the main tray.

Whats the coverage on the page? If heavy it could be adding toner like normal. But you might look into the Dev unit to start.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by progoffice View Post
    We have a M3655idn that is exhibiting a strange issue. On both copying and printing, the MFP hesitates after ever 4-5 pages before printing the next 4-5 pages out and the cycle repeats until the job is complete. As a test, I made some copies in silent mode, and the same cycle continued, only slower due to the silent mode setting. The same happens when duplexing. I've updated firmware, performed U021 and no change. My only guess is that the onboard memory on the main board is faulty. Since this is also happening when copying, I think it's safe to eliminate any print driver troubleshooting or settings related to printing. Any ideas?
    What did you mean by hesitation?
    I've seen similar waiting/pause before print on other brands and it was either:
    a) adding toner
    b) waiting for fuser temp to stabilize
    c) when HDD started to fail in which case format of HDD temporary took care of the issue
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    What did you mean by hesitation?
    I've seen similar waiting/pause before print on other brands and it was either:
    a) adding toner
    b) waiting for fuser temp to stabilize
    c) when HDD started to fail in which case format of HDD temporary took care of the issue

The toner is full, not sure about the fuser temp and there's no HDD on this machine. In our tests, we're only printing counter pages so coverage shouldn't be an issue. It will simply print 4 or 5 pages, hesitate like it's calibrating and then print 4 or 5 pages and the cycle continues until the job is complete. I suppose it could be fuser related, but we've already tried multiple fusers. It's possible that the fuser temp isn't keeping up with the machine and it's pausing until the temp is where it should be. We haven't had a chance to test any boards yet, but I will definitely follow up if we get to the bottom of this one.

The problem is the Fuser. We ordered based on Tech Bulletin #1 (302TA93040), but the part number listed there is for the 220V fuser. The correct fuser is listed in the parts manual (302TA93050) 120V. So if you have any machine doing this, confirm that your fuser is for the correct voltage. Our mistake, but it's an easy one to make.