Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts progoffice's Avatar

M3655idn print/copy hesitation issue

We have a M3655idn that is exhibiting a strange issue. On both copying and printing, the MFP hesitates after ever 4-5 pages before printing the next 4-5 pages out and the cycle repeats until the job is complete. As a test, I made some copies in silent mode, and the same cycle continued, only slower due to the silent mode setting. The same happens when duplexing. I've updated firmware, performed U021 and no change. My only guess is that the onboard memory on the main board is faulty. Since this is also happening when copying, I think it's safe to eliminate any print driver troubleshooting or settings related to printing. Any ideas?

Re: M3655idn print/copy hesitation issue

Toner levels?

I forgot to mention that the toner level is at 100%. We've considered this as a possible cause but not in this case. Thanks for the reply.

Do a firmware reload. A full version and not the update (turbo).

I did that as well without any change. I really think it's the main board, but we'll have to order one and replace it to find out. I can report back once this has been done, but still open to suggestions.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts Ropariva's Avatar

Only time I’ve had something like this (on a TaskAlfa) it was fuser related. There was crap on the thermistor causing a delay in getting to ready temperature.

Quote Originally Posted by Ropariva View Post
    Only time I’ve had something like this (on a TaskAlfa) it was fuser related. There was crap on the thermistor causing a delay in getting to ready temperature.
    I was thinking it might be fuser. Would it hesitated just getting started or throughout the entire job?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts Ropariva's Avatar

Just starting. Also seen similar things on other brands with faulty cavity thermistors

Actually the first tech on this said he's already replaced the fuser, so I don't think that's what it is in our case. But I guess since it's still doing it, it could be that the fuser can't keep the temp up and pauses until it reaches the right temp to start running again. That would maybe point to the board that controls the fuser temp.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Primary feed is slipping, worn tires or missing spring in primary feed.

Quote Originally Posted by progoffice View Post
    We have a M3655idn that is exhibiting a strange issue. On both copying and printing, the MFP hesitates after ever 4-5 pages before printing the next 4-5 pages out and the cycle repeats until the job is complete. As a test, I made some copies in silent mode, and the same cycle continued, only slower due to the silent mode setting. The same happens when duplexing. I've updated firmware, performed U021 and no change. My only guess is that the onboard memory on the main board is faulty. Since this is also happening when copying, I think it's safe to eliminate any print driver troubleshooting or settings related to printing. Any ideas?