Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts tonerleak's Avatar

Re: Question regarding Kyocera MFP'S

We have a pile going in to our biggest account starting this week and I hope that Kyocera have dealt with some the previous version's (Kyocera 4052ci etc.) issues such as fuser units and feed rollers that don't even come close to making their life expectancy and the waste toner collection system from hell. The connectivity has never been an issue with the whole line but the mechanical build on some of the series ( dev units, charge rollers and fuser failures) made me ask "where's the quality control?" at the factory.
    Just my 2 cents

Good warranty but you will need it.
    Color not the best for full color
    good support lots of features
    easy to operate

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

I have been working on Kyocera's for 20 years and I love them. Warranty is great, they are low cost to maintain. Fuser and transfer belts are units, no more time consuming rebuilds.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Question regarding Kyocera MFP'S

Quote Originally Posted by Tonerkiller View Post
    I have been working on Kyocera's for 20 years and I love them. Warranty is great, they are low cost to maintain. Fuser and transfer belts are units, no more time consuming rebuilds.

I read/heard somewhere that on the new Kyocera's that you can do a PM with no tools required. Is this true?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts tonerleak's Avatar

I suppose being inexpensive and easy to work on are great qualities but the failure rate of certain units needs to be addressed. As has been mentioned, the warranty is great, just remember to have the paperwork to make a claim. Not knocking the brand, just saying that it could/should be a little more reliable.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    I read/heard somewhere that on the new Kyocera's that you can do a PM with no tools required. Is this true?
    a screwdriver, canned air and a vacuum will be about all you will need, for most pm's. On the 02-03 series there are about 3 screws holding the back on and thats it. everything else is latched in place

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Hi, they are pretty good the hard bit is taking them apart without snapping anything. They have some very strange ways of keeping stuff together. Clips and catches everywhere very tricky to take covers off as everything interlocks over each other. Certain units have very high failure rates especially fusers but drums and dev units seen to go forever.

Once you get to know them they are pretty easy to work on they have a uniform service mode and error codes so once you pick it up you know them all. I like them and they keep getting better.