KFS register problems

Trying to register a used machine with KFS and came up with a error and found out that the previous dealer had it already registered with KFS and never took it off. Have contacted the dealer and have not heard back and still I can not register the machine. Is there a way for Kyocera to deregister the machine? Or another way to get it to register?

Can not run the u520 because everything is greyed out.

Thanks

Re: KFS register problems

Never mind, Kyocera told me the only way is to have the dealer take it off from their end. They gave me the Hot Line number and said to call them and they would have the dealer take it off.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    KFS register problems

Quote Originally Posted by kuby View Post
    Trying to register a used machine with KFS and came up with a error and found out that the previous dealer had it already registered with KFS and never took it off. Have contacted the dealer and have not heard back and still I can not register the machine. Is there a way for Kyocera to deregister the machine? Or another way to get it to register?

Can not run the u520 because everything is greyed out.

Thanks
    Until the original dealer that registered the machine in KFS deletes the machine from their database the serial number, access code and machine to server encrypted ID is still associated with the original dealer. I am not aware of any way for Kyocera to "de-register" a machine. First, I think it would be unethical for them to be able to do that, especially since we compete with one of their branches and secondly it would be a security problem for many IT admins if the manufacturer could just change assignments.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    KFS register problems

Quote Originally Posted by Santander View Post
    Until the original dealer that registered the machine in KFS deletes the machine from their database the serial number, access code and machine to server encrypted ID is still associated with the original dealer. I am not aware of any way for Kyocera to "de-register" a machine. First, I think it would be unethical for them to be able to do that, especially since we compete with one of their branches and secondly it would be a security problem for many IT admins if the manufacturer could just change assignments.
    Yeah it's unfortunate but probably something that should have been checked before it was sold\purchased. He's right it's pretty unlikely they Kyocera could do it from their end, that would definitely be a security and ethical concern if they could.

Had Kyocera call the last dealer and they removed the copier from their KFS. But the machine still would not let me register it and even Kyocera support remoted in and could not get it to register. Was looking thru the Kyocera tools and found the DRD tool and ran it and got it registered that way. Don't know why it would not register thru KFS but it works now.