Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Kyocera Ecosys P6130cdn & Ecosys M6535cidn spots/lines

Hi all,

I'm curious if anyone has seen a print issue, common with these two models, and seems to effect only the K drum. Rarely, have I seen any of the cyan, magenta, or yellow drums do this, but it does happen.

I'm almost convinced the issue is due to the K drum's cleaning blade failing to remove all the toner, paper dust, or other garbage floating around within the machine. Why the K drum is effected more than the other drums is a mystery, at this point.

The foreign matter can be cleaned off the drums surface, with a soft, lint free towel, and a little alcohol, however the issue tends to return, in some cases, in a matter of days. After three or four cleanings, I've simply resorted to replacing the drum altogether. The cleaning blade can be removed and cleaned, as well.

The biggest mystery is, where is this stuff coming from? Damp toner? Paper dust & humidity?
    I've attached a print sample that shows the issue, to a small degree. In some cases, it's much worse, and can sometimes appear as little, black "raindrops" covering only partial spaces of the print, up to completely covering the whole page.

Any suggestions, ideas, and recommendations are welcomed!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Kyocera Ecosys P6130cdn & Ecosys M6535cidn spots/lines

Have the same issue. It's never really been resolved from my experience. I beileve it's because it sits close to the fuser. I also think there might be too much wax in the toner causing it.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

That makes perfect sense! Another question I've asked myself, but have yet to come up with an answer, is "Am I somehow depleting the life of the drum by cleaning it with a towel and alcohol? By cleaning the drum in this manner, it seems to be inviting the issue to return only sooner, than actually being a final-fix. It does, on the other hand, makes my productivity numbers look good!lol!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

That makes perfect sense! Another question I've asked myself, but have yet to come up with an answer, is "Am I somehow depleting the life of the drum by cleaning it with a towel and alcohol? By cleaning the drum in this manner, it seems to be inviting the issue to return only sooner, than actually being a final-fix. It does, on the other hand, makes my productivity numbers look good! lol!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts ntbann's Avatar

They released a new K drum for these. They work a little better but will still do it.

Quote Originally Posted by ntbann View Post
    They released a new K drum for these. They work a little better but will still do it.

Part # 302NR93180

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StratManDan View Post
    Hi all,

I'm curious if anyone has seen a print issue, common with these two models, and seems to effect only the K drum. Rarely, have I seen any of the cyan, magenta, or yellow drums do this, but it does happen.

I'm almost convinced the issue is due to the K drum's cleaning blade failing to remove all the toner, paper dust, or other garbage floating around within the machine. Why the K drum is effected more than the other drums is a mystery, at this point.

The foreign matter can be cleaned off the drums surface, with a soft, lint free towel, and a little alcohol, however the issue tends to return, in some cases, in a matter of days. After three or four cleanings, I've simply resorted to replacing the drum altogether. The cleaning blade can be removed and cleaned, as well.

The biggest mystery is, where is this stuff coming from? Damp toner? Paper dust & humidity?
    I've attached a print sample that shows the issue, to a small degree. In some cases, it's much worse, and can sometimes appear as little, black "raindrops" covering only partial spaces of the print, up to completely covering the whole page.

Any suggestions, ideas, and recommendations are welcomed!
    This model/engine has always had this issue.

I do as you have a clean it off with alcohol etc I then swap the K & Y drum around.

I have a lot of the 266ci models they all do it.

Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

I've done that as well. However, I was told, by a tech that's been in the field for a long time, that the printer will serialize each drum according to where it's installed within the machine. For instance, If I remove a K drum, and switch it's position with the yellow drum, it could possibly void it's warranty. Is this a valid claim?

That's why we put the new drums in. Warranty old. If you scrub them it just shows back up in 2 weeks. And yes drums are serilized. A k drum now has a new part number.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

The bulletin says that Kyocera added spacers behind the drum blade to improve drum cleaning. And it is some ingredient of the toner adhering to the drum.

I hadn't much considered the proximity of the black drum and the fuser. Perhaps shortening up the sleep timer would help. Also removing any obstructive ozone filters and cleaning the fan ducts. Or moving the whole machine to a better ventilated area.

I worked on a console Toshiba this year that kept blowing thermostats at one week intervals. I looked at many of these same things: filters, fan ducts, fans, ... and I found a service mode to extend fan operation time based on internal temperature. That was the golden nugget I got from that call. Maybe Kyocera has a way of keeping the fans running longer.
    =^..^=

Edit: The fuser cooling squirrel cage fan is called "Exit Fan", and resides above the fuser. I'd image it could benefit from cleaning. I do not see a service sim to run the fans.

There is sim U059 which defines which environmental sensor controls the fuser fan. You may get some additional cooling benefit from selecting "0" (uses right rear "Outer Temperature Sensor"), rather than "1" (uses left front "new sensor position", to address paper wrinkling issue).

To select faster sleep mode use:
    U346 > Timer/Sleep Lever > More Energy Save
    U346 > Auto Sleep > ON
    Sleep Timer is set in FRPO Parameters N5, values from 1 to 240 (minutes)
    Last edited by blackcat4866; 10-06-2020 at 12:30 AM.
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=