Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    TA 3050 3550ci Fuser Belt (UFR) from Katun


    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Posts
    757
    Rep Power
    29

    TA 3050 3550ci Fuser Belt (UFR) from Katun

    Has anyone tried to use the Fuser Belt from Katun. Does it work on the Higher speed machines as you can get these elsewhere that work on them all. Hoping to get some feed back Thanks so much !!!

  2. #2
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    TA 3050 3550ci Fuser Belt (UFR) from Katun

    BillyCarpenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Long Beach, Mississippi
    Posts
    1,261
    Rep Power
    46

    Re: TA 3050 3550ci Fuser Belt (UFR) from Katun

    Quote Originally Posted by Doug James View Post
    Has anyone tried to use the Fuser Belt from Katun. Does it work on the Higher speed machines as you can get these elsewhere that work on them all. Hoping to get some feed back Thanks so much !!!

    I have not used this particular item from Katan. However, Katun is one of the leaders in aftermarket parts and supplies and I've had a lot of success with them over the past 20-years.

    My approach to using aftermarket parts & supplies is to always test it out thoroughly in-shop before ever using them in a customer's machine. Make sure if a fuser is rated for 300k that it actually lasts that long or at least close to it. That way you can have piece of mind when you do put it in a customer's machine. I would never use my customer's machine as a test vehicle for an item that I know nothing about.

    Katun has been in business for 40-years with $70-million in annual sales. They must be doing something right.

    My -2 cents.
    Last edited by BillyCarpenter; 10-12-2020 at 10:01 PM.

  3. #3
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    TA 3050 3550ci Fuser Belt (UFR) from Katun

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    10,322
    Rep Power
    242

    Re: TA 3050 3550ci Fuser Belt (UFR) from Katun

    never liked the parts from katun... early days even their toner sucked.

  4. #4
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    astoria or
    Posts
    152
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: TA 3050 3550ci Fuser Belt (UFR) from Katun

    That fuser was not made to rebuild, life would suck if you tried. Bite the bullet and order a new one.

  5. #5
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    TA 3050 3550ci Fuser Belt (UFR) from Katun

    BillyCarpenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Long Beach, Mississippi
    Posts
    1,261
    Rep Power
    46

    Re: TA 3050 3550ci Fuser Belt (UFR) from Katun

    Quote Originally Posted by craigster View Post
    That fuser was not made to rebuild, life would suck if you tried. Bite the bullet and order a new one.
    This is true. I've never even attempted to rebuild one of these. It's looks like a real bitch of a process if I would have wanted to.

  6. #6
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    TA 3050 3550ci Fuser Belt (UFR) from Katun


    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Posts
    757
    Rep Power
    29

    Re: TA 3050 3550ci Fuser Belt (UFR) from Katun

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    I have not used this particular item from Katan. However, Katun is one of the leaders in aftermarket parts and supplies and I've had a lot of success with them over the past 20-years.

    My approach to using aftermarket parts & supplies is to always test it out thoroughly in-shop before ever using them in a customer's machine. Make sure if a fuser is rated for 300k that it actually lasts that long or at least close to it. That way you can have piece of mind when you do put it in a customer's machine. I would never use my customer's machine as a test vehicle for an item that I know nothing about.

    Katun has been in business for 40-years with $70-million in annual sales. They must be doing something right.

    My -2 cents.
    Sure appreciate your 2 cents... I am the same way with them, a big fan...

  7. #7
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    TA 3050 3550ci Fuser Belt (UFR) from Katun


    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Posts
    757
    Rep Power
    29

    Re: TA 3050 3550ci Fuser Belt (UFR) from Katun

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    This is true. I've never even attempted to rebuild one of these. It's looks like a real bitch of a process if I would have wanted to.
    True Story...

  8. #8
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    TA 3050 3550ci Fuser Belt (UFR) from Katun

    BillyCarpenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Long Beach, Mississippi
    Posts
    1,261
    Rep Power
    46

    Re: TA 3050 3550ci Fuser Belt (UFR) from Katun

    Quote Originally Posted by Doug James View Post
    Sure appreciate your 2 cents... I am the same way with them, a big fan...

    OEM's preach using ONLY OEM parts and supplies. It is drilled in the heads of Authorized dealers & technicians. When I was a new tech I was indoctrinated into believing that all aftermarket parts and supplies were garbage. And I believed it.

    There's a reason that OEM's preach this philosophy. Why? Because they make more money on parts & supplies than they do selling actual machines. Of course OEM's don't want anyone buying after-market parts and supplies.

    It was years later after I went into business myself and actually experimented with aftermarkets parts and supplies that I learned the truth.

    Think about it.

    Ever talked to a GM or Ford mechanic? Many will tell you that aftermarket parts are crap. That's not true either.

    In the aftermarket world, there are good and the bad.

    I prefer to do my own research and take the guess work out of it.

    Because there are many aftermarket supplies that are crap, it's sullied the reputation of the aftermarket world in general. A tech will decide to try an aftermarket part or supply for the first time and it doesn't work and then they're convinced that it's all crap. I call this CONFIRMATION BIAS.
    Last edited by BillyCarpenter; 10-12-2020 at 11:43 PM.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Galway
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: TA 3050 3550ci Fuser Belt (UFR) from Katun

    I have rebuilt both fusers with Katun belts, takes about 1.5 to 2 hrs, I haven't had a problem with any rebuild yet.

  10. #10
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    TA 3050 3550ci Fuser Belt (UFR) from Katun


    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Posts
    757
    Rep Power
    29

    Re: TA 3050 3550ci Fuser Belt (UFR) from Katun

    Quote Originally Posted by charge leak View Post
    I have rebuilt both fusers with Katun belts, takes about 1.5 to 2 hrs, I haven't had a problem with any rebuild yet.
    Appreciate ya !! I have rebuilt a few and had problems with one but I think it was more my fault. Katun has a video of the rebuild and is great !!!
    Kyocera Mita Taskalfa 3050 CI-series Fuser Belt Installation Instructions Video - YouTube

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here