Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Technician
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    25
    Rep Power
    24

    Copystar CS2050 Getting faded copy on right side of page on flat bed

    It prints fine,
    Copies from ADF are ok

    Here is what I have done

    Removed glass and cleaned bottom side and wiped down scanning unit
    Still the same
    every thing seems to be moving fine no skewing
    will try cleaning again to see if that makes any real
    difference


    Any other ideas would be helpful

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Copystar CS2050 Getting faded copy on right side of page on flat bed

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    9,979
    Rep Power
    232

    Re: Copystar CS2050 Getting faded copy on right side of page on flat bed

    Quote Originally Posted by pcs View Post
    It prints fine,
    Copies from ADF are ok

    Here is what I have done

    Removed glass and cleaned bottom side and wiped down scanning unit
    Still the same
    every thing seems to be moving fine no skewing
    will try cleaning again to see if that makes any real
    difference


    Any other ideas would be helpful

    Thanks
    have you cleaned ALL the optics even the lamp section?

    does scan lamp move freely?

    when did this problem arise?

    can you post examples in PDF format?

  3. #3
    IT Manager 5,000+ Posts bsm2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,586
    Rep Power
    84

    Re: Copystar CS2050 Getting faded copy on right side of page on flat bed

    If you cleaned all optics you may have to clean the mirrors on the Laser.

  4. #4
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    177
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Copystar CS2050 Getting faded copy on right side of page on flat bed

    I once had a fade like this, which turned out to be a worn-till-missing slider insert on one of the sliding mirror frames of the scanner. It caused the one mirror to sit a little lower at one end, and the resulting light sent in the wrong direction depending on the focal-length between the two mirror frames.

    DP and small documents worked fine, the farther away from the left, the more the side of the document faded away. Inspect ALL the plastic slider inserts, mirror holders, etc

  5. #5
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Copystar CS2050 Getting faded copy on right side of page on flat bed

    BillyCarpenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Long Beach, Mississippi
    Posts
    880
    Rep Power
    36

    Re: Copystar CS2050 Getting faded copy on right side of page on flat bed

    Quote Originally Posted by sparkycivic View Post
    I once had a fade like this, which turned out to be a worn-till-missing slider insert on one of the sliding mirror frames of the scanner. It caused the one mirror to sit a little lower at one end, and the resulting light sent in the wrong direction depending on the focal-length between the two mirror frames.

    DP and small documents worked fine, the farther away from the left, the more the side of the document faded away. Inspect ALL the plastic slider inserts, mirror holders, etc
    +1

    Based on the information given by the original poster, I agree.

  6. #6
    Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Copystar CS2050 Getting faded copy on right side of page on flat bed

    blackcat4866's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lapeer, Michigan
    Posts
    18,544
    Rep Power
    322

    Re: Copystar CS2050 Getting faded copy on right side of page on flat bed

    It's extremely common on this series to get a buildup of whiteish ozone haze on the underside of the slit glass, and to a lesser extent on mirrors #1, #2, #3. (7 months to 3 years since last cleaning). Just cleaning with glass cleaner is not enough. Use something stronger like alcohol, or parrafin lamp oil then alcohol. Use caution how much scrubbing you do and use a very soft cloth. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

    blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

  7. #7
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Copystar CS2050 Getting faded copy on right side of page on flat bed

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    9,979
    Rep Power
    232

    Re: Copystar CS2050 Getting faded copy on right side of page on flat bed

    Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    It's extremely common on this series to get a buildup of whiteish ozone haze on the underside of the slit glass, and to a lesser extent on mirrors #1, #2, #3. (7 months to 3 years since last cleaning). Just cleaning with glass cleaner is not enough. Use something stronger like alcohol, or parrafin lamp oil then alcohol. Use caution how much scrubbing you do and use a very soft cloth. =^..^=
    Once getting glass/mirrors clean apply 1 coat of rainx antifog to them keeps the ozone/dust from collecting fast.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Technician
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Pa
    Posts
    21
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: Copystar CS2050 Getting faded copy on right side of page on flat bed

    Thats a good idea these guys really do fog up. I also have had the sliders break as well. Worst part of these guys was always optics and scanner problems.

  9. #9
    Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Copystar CS2050 Getting faded copy on right side of page on flat bed

    blackcat4866's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lapeer, Michigan
    Posts
    18,544
    Rep Power
    322

    Re: Copystar CS2050 Getting faded copy on right side of page on flat bed

    Actually, the document feeders really suck, too. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

    blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

  10. #10
    Technician
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Pa
    Posts
    21
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: Copystar CS2050 Getting faded copy on right side of page on flat bed

    I agree with you. But The feeder problems I could deal with but I could almost restring the scanner wires with my eyes closed before they fixed the spings lol.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here