Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    6535 cidn , Tray 1 feed jam (but no jams), J0510 (not listed in service manual)

I have a corker... kyo6535cidn, about 60k total impressions.. All tray rollers are good and tray 1 have been changed.. Firmware is the latest..

Jamming with J-0510 listed predominently in event report.. Cannot find J-0510 in service book (jumps from 0509 to 0511)... Machine prints flawlessly from bypass..

Prints from tray 1 are ... delayed? long pauses between sheets.... no damaged paper... when the jam occurs its at the nip of registration.. not crumpled or anything.. like the reg sensor doesnt see the paper arrive.... bypass feed like I said works smoothly and flawlessly and appears to use the same sensor for reg timing.. machine isnt struggling to feed from tray one... .Just lengthy pauses between pages (with occasionally normal feed behavior ) .. I dont see an adjustment in the book for reg loop adjustment.... Any insight would be appreciated. Oh and one last thing when the jam occurs the machine sits there "running" till it indicates a jam with paper literally sitting in the reg nip it appears. (theres no way to see inside the beast when it runs! Ugh!)

Thank you.
    A.

Technician

Re: 6535 cidn , Tray 1 feed jam (but no jams), J0510 (not listed in service manual)

What do the red dots on the picture of the MFP show when the jam occurs?
    They could help you work out where the cause is.
    A solid dot usually indicates the sensor has activated, a flashing one usually indicates that sensor has not been activated (ie that the paper has not arrived in time).
    Also check if the firmware is up to date.

Re: 6535 cidn , Tray 1 feed jam (but no jams), J0510 (not listed in service manual)

Quote Originally Posted by kyotechnz View Post
    What do the red dots on the picture of the MFP show when the jam occurs?
    They could help you work out where the cause is.
    A solid dot usually indicates the sensor has activated, a flashing one usually indicates that sensor has not been activated (ie that the paper has not arrived in time).
    Also check if the firmware is up to date.
    Thanks for your reply! I was using the event report in maint mode as guideline. As previously stated firmware is up to date. Was hoping if someone knew what a j-0510 was? I will check the "flashing" vs "solid" dot thing tomorrow! (Machine was pulled for in house repair)

Assistance is appreciated! Ty so much!

A.

J0510 never seen..
    But with inbuilt clutch 302NR94010 (Fig.12/ drive section/ item #24) we have had a lot of problems in past.
    They get rusty.
    clutch sirius.JPG
    Also inbuilt in Perseus or Sirius and Libra range.
    Additionally you has to check the spring for pickup rollers, maybe coming out.
    Or retard roller would mounted without inbuilt cassette before.
    Quote from service manual:
    IMPORTANT
    When attaching the paper feed roller unit, make sure to check if the pickup spring is attached correctly.
    IMPORTANT
    Install the cassette first when attaching the retard roller unit. The retard pressure release lever must be
    located at the machine front side from the retard roller unit to apply appropriate pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by KYO_OEM View Post
    J0510 never seen..
    But with inbuilt clutch 302NR94010 (Fig.12/ drive section/ item #24) we have had a lot of problems in past.
    They get rusty.
    clutch sirius.JPG
    Also inbuilt in Perseus or Sirius and Libra range.
    Additionally you has to check the spring for pickup rollers, maybe coming out.
    Or retard roller would mounted without inbuilt cassette before.
    Quote from service manual:
    IMPORTANT
    When attaching the paper feed roller unit, make sure to check if the pickup spring is attached correctly.
    IMPORTANT
    Install the cassette first when attaching the retard roller unit. The retard pressure release lever must be
    located at the machine front side from the retard roller unit to apply appropriate pressure.

My bad, I rechecked the event log, its J0501 not 510.. which is paper not making the reg sensor. You mentioned a clutch for tray 1? I'll have a look @ that.

Thanks!

UPDATE...

Darnit I thought I looked for that blasted spring on the pickup assy, took it out again and its GONE! I fortunately had a spare unit and installed and TYVM it works like a charm... I won't be missing that next time! Thanks for all the help to the great people here!

A!