Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    M2540 noise after fuser replacement

When I have replaced the fuser on a few of these machines they sound like an old washing machine, they work fine but are noisy ...the noise sounds like it's coming from the fuser\duplex area but I can't pinpoint it. This has happened on several machines so I can't blame it on one defective fuser. they were nice and quiet before the fuser swap. Anyone else noticed this? Thanks

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: M2540 noise after fuser replacement

We had one of these that we had to replace the fuser drive unit. Instead of the fuser making the noise, it was in the drive unit. To my knowledge the problem never came back.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by allstar59 View Post
    When I have replaced the fuser on a few of these machines they sound like an old washing machine, they work fine but are noisy ...the noise sounds like it's coming from the fuser\duplex area but I can't pinpoint it. This has happened on several machines so I can't blame it on one defective fuser. they were nice and quiet before the fuser swap. Anyone else noticed this? Thanks
    There is a TB out that pin points the noise to either the rachet gear or the main drive gear in the fuser drive assembly. We replace the fuser drive assembly and then rebuild it in the shop replacing both the rachet gear and the main drive gear. Replacing the drive assembly takes two minutes.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Thanks for the quick reply! I'll get a few drive assemblies and gears on order Monday. I I searched the portal for bulletins or QA but I must have missed it. I called tech support about it and he told me to put it in quiet mode (joking I hope) but he didn't see it ether.
    Thanks for your help, Jim