Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Kyocera M8124 firmware


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    315
    Rep Power
    0

    Kyocera M8124 firmware

    hello people

    i have a machine which is randomly hanging, client has to turn off and on, i'm hoping a firmware update may resolve the issue, but i have no access to Kyocera firmware

    can anyone help? willing to pay!

    thanks in advance

    Andy

  2. #2
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Kyocera M8124 firmware

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    14,316
    Rep Power
    379

    Re: Kyocera M8124 firmware

    Quote Originally Posted by aAandy View Post
    hello people

    i have a machine which is randomly hanging, client has to turn off and on, i'm hoping a firmware update may resolve the issue, but i have no access to Kyocera firmware

    can anyone help? willing to pay!

    thanks in advance

    Andy
    whats the error code involved?

    you are already a contributor... think about that.

  3. #3
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Kyocera M8124 firmware


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    315
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Kyocera M8124 firmware

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    whats the error code involved?

    you are already a contributor... think about that.
    no error code, it just hangs requiring reboot - i haven't attended as yet

  4. #4
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Kyocera M8124 firmware

    copiertec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Centereach, L.I. New York
    Posts
    1,192
    Rep Power
    50

    Re: Kyocera M8124 firmware

    Your hangups could be due to corrupted print jobs, I would make sure the current KX driver is installed (if applicable), no WSD driver. Narrow it down to what is causing the issue, i.e. are they printing from a certain program when it happens, etc.

  5. #5
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Kyocera M8124 firmware

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    14,316
    Rep Power
    379

    Re: Kyocera M8124 firmware

    Quote Originally Posted by copiertec View Post
    Your hangups could be due to corrupted print jobs, I would make sure the current KX driver is installed (if applicable), no WSD driver. Narrow it down to what is causing the issue, i.e. are they printing from a certain program when it happens, etc.
    Yeah wsd driver could be an issue .


    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Technician
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Tartu linn
    Posts
    45
    Rep Power
    5

    Re: Kyocera M8124 firmware

    Does it wake up if you push "wake up button" on printer?
    If it does not, then enable "quick recovery" in sleep level settings.

  7. #7
    Senior Tech 1,000+ Posts kuby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,048
    Rep Power
    42

    Re: Kyocera M8124 firmware

    And don't let Windows 10 install drivers. Do not know how many printing issues I have seen caused by Windows 10 drivers, not only on Kyocera, HP, Brother, Epson...... Use manufactures drivers.

    On Kyocera, always use the KX drivers.
    Last edited by kuby; 11-11-2020 at 12:30 PM.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here