Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2 Copiers needing firmware to possibly help fax over ATA adapter.

Here is my issue. I am an IT consultant and I have a client that has 2 old copier/scanner/fax machines. I told them that when they switched all the phone lines that the ATA adapter to convert the VOIP over to analog would probably not work on those older machines. It rarely works on newer fax machines.

To prove the point that the older fax modems in each of those copiers could be the issue, I plugged in an HP M375 and the faxes processed fine. I could send and receive. I just had to slow the baud down. (which I had already done on both of the copier) (I even turned off ECM on both copiers)

The two copiers I am referring to are

1. Kyocera cs3010i
    2. Canon iR2200

The reason I am posting here is because I am hoping there may be a more up to date firmware for the copiers that will possibly give me a few more options. Possibly even a firmware that would actually update the fax boards.

Proving to them that a newer fax machine handled the jitter of the voip line has helped a little but they still would like for the machines to fax if its possible.

I don't mind paying for a full firmware update for both of these machines. I know that it may not help anything even if I do update the firmware. I don't expect a miracle at all.

I don't know the firmware that is currently on the Canon iR2200. I will find out later today.
    The firmware on the Kyocera CS3010i is attached to this post as a screenshot.

I am hoping to at least get the Kyocera updated as it is the main copier.

20201125_024057.jpg

Re: 2 Copiers needing firmware to possibly help fax over ATA adapter.

53 views and no reply.... I am starting to panic a bit...

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

I don't know if the firmware will help the Canon (I suspect not), but I can tell you for certain that firmware will not help the Kyocera. What you need (if this machine has it) is simulation U660 Set Call > Exchange > set PSTN to PBx. Looks like it does have this setting. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Not promoting the redfax.com service with this post. Its just the one that seemed the cheapest and had what I needed to get the client happy..... There are a hundred services that do the same thing...

Well it turned out that I was able to sign them up to redfax.com and they can now receive faxes and see them on every computer. AND I was able to setup their Kyocera 3010 and 5010? to send email using the redfax service via authentication of the email account the redfax account uses.. So now they just walk up to the Kyocera copiers and email the faxes to 1-XXX-XXX-XXXX@redfax.com and the faxes go out and they can see the status on the web interface.

So they just have to type a little more to now send a fax.... (@redfax.com)

But now they can send faxes from three other copiers that didn't have modems in them. SO they actually gained 3 more locations they can send faxes from.

The poor little Canon ir2200 just wont cut it though.... It will not scan to email or even a folder. SO it will just remain a copier/ printer.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rabtech View Post
    Here is my issue. I am an IT consultant and I have a client that has 2 old copier/scanner/fax machines. I told them that when they switched all the phone lines that the ATA adapter to convert the VOIP over to analog would probably not work on those older machines. It rarely works on newer fax machines.

To prove the point that the older fax modems in each of those copiers could be the issue, I plugged in an HP M375 and the faxes processed fine. I could send and receive. I just had to slow the baud down. (which I had already done on both of the copier) (I even turned off ECM on both copiers)

The two copiers I am referring to are

1. Kyocera cs3010i
    2. Canon iR2200

The reason I am posting here is because I am hoping there may be a more up to date firmware for the copiers that will possibly give me a few more options. Possibly even a firmware that would actually update the fax boards.

Proving to them that a newer fax machine handled the jitter of the voip line has helped a little but they still would like for the machines to fax if its possible.

I don't mind paying for a full firmware update for both of these machines. I know that it may not help anything even if I do update the firmware. I don't expect a miracle at all.

I don't know the firmware that is currently on the Canon iR2200. I will find out later today.
    The firmware on the Kyocera CS3010i is attached to this post as a screenshot.

I am hoping to at least get the Kyocera updated as it is the main copier.

20201125_024057.jpg
    The Canon is almost a 20 year old machine so I would not even bother with that, most likely updating the firmware will kill the aging HDD.

The Kyocera again is an old model but would be worth updating, as you said updating the firmware will also update the FAX software.

Drop us an email should you need the latest firmware.

Firmware Update - Printer & Copier Firmware

Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    The Canon is almost a 20 year old machine so I would not even bother with that, most likely updating the firmware will kill the aging HDD.

The Kyocera again is an old model but would be worth updating, as you said updating the firmware will also update the FAX software.

Drop us an email should you need the latest firmware.

Firmware Update - Printer & Copier Firmware

Sent you payment and a private message.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rabtech View Post
    Sent you payment and a private message.

Thanks

Thanks, i've sent your link.

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

More than likely, firmware won't fix it. There is a list of settings that Kyocera provides for faxing VOIP.
    It would be worth gettting a knowledgable tech to take care of it. BTW, you want ECM left on.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by tmaged View Post
    More than likely, firmware won't fix it. There is a list of settings that Kyocera provides for faxing VOIP.
    It would be worth gettting a knowledgable tech to take care of it. BTW, you want ECM left on.

The fax over email solution worked out the best. They can keep up with the faxes better that way as well. Everything ends up on the web interface with a time and date stamp and as a PDF file. They get 1200 pages for something like 9.00 a month.

Personally if they still rely on FAX I would simply buy a new dedicated fax machine rather than rely on these two ancient copiers. Fax machines cost peanuts.