Printing Errors TASKalfa 2553ci

Good Day All.

I recently installed a TASKalfa 2553ci, Job accounting+Custom Boxes. Both are locked via pin codes. The 99% of the PC'S are Win7. The problem that we are picking up is that "The client says that they are losing data when printing to Custom Box". I have updated Firmware and even changed the IP of the Machine.

Secondly the one user has a MAC Air Book. I activated "CUPS". I Installed the New Driver and created two Pre-sets (Mono/Colour). Now the problem I'm having is the client works at night at his home and prints the documents, when he gets to his office he wants those documents to print to his custom box. The first print job will indicate "Incorrect ID" delete the job and print the same document it will then go to his Custom Box with no problem.

Am I missing anything? I believe the Win7 might be a Issue but I'm not that familiar with MAC/IOS

Kind Regards

Tommy Chilcott

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Printing Errors TASKalfa 2553ci

Re: Printing Errors TASKalfa 2553ci

Some tips: If you haven't already, maybe changing the language within the KX Driver from PCL to KPDL or vice versa, though there might be differences in Job accounting and user interface features. Or perhaps try installing the dedicated Windows 7 and Server 2008 Driver from KDS.

With the MAC, are they printing using Airprint? If so there might be functionality issues on Job Accounting and Custom Boxes.
    Also, I corrected some printing issues we had by re-installing the Mac drivers utilizing protocol: HP JetDirect Socket.

Technician

Re: Printing Errors TASKalfa 2553ci

On Windows driver, remove the check on Enable Advanced Printing Features on the Advanced tab. That messes with Kyocera-specific instructions in the print job, like accounting and document box settings.

On the Mac, make sure it's the KPDL driver on either LDP or JetDirect port. Mac's will often load the AirPrint driver be default, and that also messes with accounting.