Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Let's Play a Game (Taskalpha 3551ci)

Alright guys I'm bored in the office and need more damn practise so here we go. First person to respond gets to name a component in the machine, I will find, remove, and if applicable dissassemble the part in question. I'll be posting images of the teardown and removed parts and then ensuring the machine still works after reassembly. I am still pretty new to this so let's try not to do anything I'm super likely to destroy on the way out, but hopefully you'll keep me busy for a little while. Please just leave it at a component, I intend to start from scratch on this so I want to have to look it up in the service manual and all that jazz hint free. That being said I have time so don't shy away from something that's gonna be time consuming.

Let's play.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: Let's Play a Game (Taskalpha 3551ci)

Quote Originally Posted by M94 View Post
    Alright guys I'm bored in the office and need more damn practise so here we go. First person to respond gets to name a component in the machine, I will find, remove, and if applicable dissassemble the part in question. I'll be posting images of the teardown and removed parts and then ensuring the machine still works after reassembly. I am still pretty new to this so let's try not to do anything I'm super likely to destroy on the way out, but hopefully you'll keep me busy for a little while. Please just leave it at a component, I intend to start from scratch on this so I want to have to look it up in the service manual and all that jazz hint free. That being said I have time so don't shy away from something that's gonna be time consuming.

Let's play.

Low Voltage PCB.

After you've done that, remove the laser unit.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    Low Voltage PCB.

After you've done that, remove the laser unit.
    The forumn has spoken. I will probably post updates in the morning, thank you for your participation.

The forumn has spoken. I will probably post updates in the morning, thank you for your participation.

If you have a parts machine, practice on that. I took a 3551ci down to the frame.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    If you have a parts machine, practice on that. I took a 3551ci down to the frame.
    That's basically what this is. It's in theory something we could re-sell or something but it is my designated practise machine. On that note Looking in the service manual it doesn't appear to list a low voltage pcb. I'm assuming this is just a slight terminology cross as there is a 'High voltage PWB 1' and 'High voltage PWB 2' but even searching the manual for the phrase 'low voltage' brings up only brings up a reference to the 'Power source PWB' so I'm guessing that's the one you meant but I want to be sure before I get ahead of myself lol.

Edit> I have also essentially torn this one down to nothing a couple times now, honestly this is as much about learning to track in SM as much as anything else. Plus like I said, I'm bored out of my gourd. Covid has made it hard to send me to any in person training so I've been doing Kyo Uni, playing with this 3551, and stalking you guys for my training.

That's basically what this is. It's in theory something we could re-sell or something but it is my designated practise machine. On that note Looking in the service manual it doesn't appear to list a low voltage pcb. I'm assuming this is just a slight terminology cross as there is a 'High voltage PWB 1' and 'High voltage PWB 2' but even searching the manual for the phrase 'low voltage' brings up only brings up a reference to the 'Power source PWB' so I'm guessing that's the one you meant but I want to be sure before I get ahead of myself lol.

Edit> I have also essentially torn this one down to nothing a couple times now, honestly this is as much about learning to track in SM as much as anything else. Plus like I said, I'm bored out of my gourd. Covid has made it hard to send me to any in person training so I've been doing Kyo Uni, playing with this 3551, and stalking you guys for my training.

It's called a Power Source Board in the manual. See below. It's #3.

LPB.jpg

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Try "power source PWB".

There are lots of names for the same component.
    abbreviated: PSPWB
    aka: switching DC power supply

=^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Yeah power source was what I thought you meant, sounds good guys I will post some progress pics tomorrow. Ironically 2 minutes after I posted about how little I had to do my boss came up with a task for me lol so I guess I'd better make some progress on that first. I'll be starting on this tomorrow for sure though, wish me luck!

Yeah power source was what I thought you meant, sounds good guys I will post some progress pics tomorrow. Ironically 2 minutes after I posted about how little I had to do my boss came up with a task for me lol so I guess I'd better make some progress on that first. I'll be starting on this tomorrow for sure though, wish me luck!
    I replaced one of these not long ago for the first time so naturally I came to this board for advice. The Kyocera techs here called a low voltage board or lower power source board. Or something like that. Ever since then that's what I call it, too. I think the manual refers to it as that in the right column of the page that I posted.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

a nice exercise for this model is to r&r either the Fuser drive (assy), vertical drive(assy) or the engine board. Those aren't fun to learn in the field, and much better to deal with in a workshop setting without customer or dispatcher pressuring for time.

If I really don't like a person, I might ask them to inspect/clean the Duplex Sensor #2 in the vertical conveying section.