Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Kyocera General Question

Re: Kyocera General Question

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Technically speaking dev bias is different voltage than transfer belt primary charges. From memories on Konicas tech can adjust only second transfer voltage not dev biases nor first transfer voltages or grid biases. Those are supposed to be automatically adjusted. Thankfully I haven't pleasure to mess with voltages, not I don't want but it's not needed in my machines.
    I understand. I never mentioned transfer voltage. That was bsm2. Also, I have never adjusted the DV bias on a newer Kyocera. I'm just sharing what the manual said. Personally, I wouldn't be afraid of following the instructions given in the manual if it was under the conditions that are specified in the manual.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

I did not read through all the replies but if you dont reset the counts on any item replaced im assuming that will just affect all the values you guys are talking about . Is that right ?

Kyocera General Question

Quote Originally Posted by BBM View Post
    I did not read through all the replies but if you dont reset the counts on any item replaced im assuming that will just affect all the values you guys are talking about . Is that right ?
    Yes, if you don't reset the counters and do all the other adjustments when you replace an item, everything will be off.

Kyocera General Question

PS - I use WorkFlow that's on a USB drive. It doesn't let you forget to reset a counter or make the necessary adjustments. It also records it on the Maintenance Report.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    PS - I use WorkFlow that's on a USB drive. It doesn't let you forget to reset a counter or make the necessary adjustments. It also records it on the Maintenance Report.
    Billy I will Google WorkFlow but what it's for? Sounds like useful Kyo tool but what it exactly does?
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Kyocera General Question

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Billy I will Google WorkFlow but what it's for? Sounds like useful Kyo tool but what it exactly does?

Let me see how to explain this where it will make sense.

The maintenance modes configured in the machine or a USB flash device as a workflow must be executed in succession

Here's an example. When I replace an item(s), I insert the USB stick in the copier and select the item that I'm replacing. If I'm replacing the drum, I select the "replace drum" tab and it lists all the simulations that need to be ran. I must complete every step before going any further because it won't let me go any further.

Make sense?

Kyocera General Question

This may be a better example of work flow:

SETUP U464/ U469/ U410/ U000/ U927/ U278

WARRANTY U089/ U000

MK-A U119/ U930/ U140*/ U469/ U127/ U464/ U469/ U412/ U464/

U410/ U251

MK-B U119/ U930/ U140*/ U164/ U469/ U412/ U464/ U410/ U251

MK-C U167/ U464/ U469/ U410/ U251

EH SETUP U411/ U034/ U246/ U211

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I select any of the items to be replaced, it lists every simulation to needs to be ran and I must execute them in order and must do every last one or I can't move on to the next item that needs to be replaced. It also notes everything I did at the bottom of the maintenance report.

It's pretty cool.

Kyocera General Question

I don't know why I made this so complicated but I think I have it down now.

This is a procedure shared with me for trouble-shooting background or low density prints on a Kyocera color machine.

The first thing you do is print out the Maintenance Report.

-Check U468/V-correction value. Example: V-correction value = 65412. Doesn't matter what the number is...you need to convert it to a binary number by using a scientific calculator. The binary number will look something like this: 1111 1111 1111 1110.
    Those are the last 16 calibrations made on the machine. You read the numbers from right to left. 1=pass. 0=fail. In this example, the last calibration failed.

But why?

You need to print out the Event Log for more detailed information.

Additional information from event log. Event log will show the last 8 or so Service Codes. Look for the following:

C7601 - front ID sensor error
    C7602 - rear ID sensor error
    C7611 - BK calibration error
    C7612 - CY calibration error
    C7613 - MG calibration error
    C7614 - YE calibration error
    C7620 - color registration failed
    (C76xx won`t shown on operation screen)

Last thing you need to check is U465/Stress:
    From this number you can tell if the transfer belt needs to be changed. Every model has a different range and I have the range for a lot of the models but this number is not in the service manual.

EDIT: This wasn't information that was shared with me, it's from the Service Manual: I would also suggest checking U155/Toner Sensor Output. If the value is below 100, replace the DV unit. That value is for a 3551ci. Your value may be different depending on the model. See your service manual.
    Last edited by BillyCarpenter; 01-13-2021 at 05:32 PM.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    Let me see how to explain this where it will make sense.

The maintenance modes configured in the machine or a USB flash device as a workflow must be executed in succession

Here's an example. When I replace an item(s), I insert the USB stick in the copier and select the item that I'm replacing. If I'm replacing the drum, I select the "replace drum" tab and it lists all the simulations that need to be ran. I must complete every step before going any further because it won't let me go any further.

Make sense?
    I'm sorry for not replying in timely manner but family comes first. Yes that makes sense Billy, Thank you.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Kyocera General Question

I just talked to the shipping company and my Kyocera color copiers should be delivered next Tuesday. These are the tests that I plan on running to verify the information that was shared with me. Although, at this point, I feel confident that the information is correct. Still, I need to verify.

Here's what I'm gonna do.

- Install a known worn Transfer Belt. I scuffed it up to make sure.

- I drilled a hole (and resealed) in one of the color DV's and poured some developer out in order to verify some of these readings.

- I'm gonna dirty up the ID's sensors and see what happens.

I'm gonna introduce these problems one at a time.

That's all I can think of for now.