Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Re: Kyocera General Question

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    I just talked to the shipping company and my Kyocera color copiers should be delivered next Tuesday. These are the tests that I plan on running to verify the information that was shared with me. Although, at this point, I feel confident that the information was correct. Still, I need to verify.

Here's what I'm gonna do.

- Install a known worn Transfer Belt. I scuffed it up to make sure.

- I drilled a hole (and resealed) in one of the color DV's and poured some developer out in order to verify some of these readings.

- I'm gonna dirty up the ID's sensors and see what happens.

I'm gonna introduce these problems one at a time.

That's all I can think of for now.
    Billy you're crazy enthusiast man...ooo if I had colleague or two like you we can shoot for the stars
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Kyocera General Question

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Billy you're crazy enthusiast man...ooo if I had colleague or two like you we can shoot for the stars
    I've spent the past 2 months learning networking and the computer lab I set up proved to be invaluable. I'm pretty much done with that except for learning more for my own personal enjoyment.

Now the copiers have my full attention and I'm setting up a copier lab similar to the computer lab.

We can still shoot for the stars, bro. Right here on CT.net.

Thumbs up Re: Kyocera General Question

I've spent the past 2 months learning networking and the computer lab I set up proved to be invaluable. I'm pretty much done with that except for learning more for my own personal enjoyment.

Now the copiers have my full attention and I'm setting up a copier lab similar to the computer lab.

We can still shoot for the stars, bro. Right here on CT.net.
    So true in fact it is awesome to share and be encouraged by people you never met and being probably on opposite side of earth. There are only few things better than brotherhood though. Please go ahead mister "Wild Bill" and trash some stuff
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

Kyocera General Question

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    So true in fact it is awesome to share and be encouraged by people you never met and being probably on opposite side of earth. There are only few things better than brotherhood though. Please go ahead mister "Wild Bill" and trash some stuff
    We're only getting started.

On a serious note, I've learned so much on here. People have taken the time to teach me just about anything I've asked. This is a pretty special place, in my humble opinion.

We're only getting started.

On a serious note, I've learned so much on here. People have taken the time to teach me just about anything I've asked. This is a pretty special place, in my humble opinion.
    True that. Lately I have been more here than in my second one prefered forum - Mazda forum(should mean something)

Kyocera General Question

Still going over the manual with a fine tooth comb. I got to the part on the sensors in the machine. While you can toggle the sensors with your hand and see them change states on the screen, sometimes I like to see the sensors change states during actual operation with paper going thru

Fortunately, the manual gives the pinouts for the various sensors and the way I used to do this is use a logic probe that beeps every time the sensor goes from 5v to 0v..or whatever the voltage is on these. I use an alligator clip on the probe so that I can be in front of the machine and hear the logic probe beep at the back of the machine.

Kyocera General Question

I'm still going thru the 3551ci service manual. Actually I'm going thru each simulation one by one and I'm on U106 and have a question.

U106 deals with adjusting the voltage for secondary transfer for different types of paper. I really haven't had to deal with this because my customers are running plain paper but I know I'll have to deal with this eventually.

Here's my question. How much does it help when you change the the voltage for secondary transfer when a customer is running glossy paper or heavy cardstock?

From my experience in the past, fuser temp is always a big problem when running special paper. How does this machine perform when running these types of paper as far as fusing correctly?

PS - I'm assuming the transfer voltage for special types of paper only comes into play when the customer selects that type of paper and transfer voltage stays the same when plain paper is selected. Correct?

Transfer voltage and fuser speed is controlled by paper type.

This is not new basic copier knowledge

Gram weight of the paper used

The thicker the paper the slower the fuser speed and increase transfer voltage.

Wrong paper type is classic double imaging poor fusing.
    Basic copier theory.

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    Transfer voltage and fuser speed is controlled by paper type.

This is not new basic copier knowledge

Gram weight of the paper used

The thicker the paper the slower the fuser speed and increase transfer voltage.

Wrong paper type is classic double imaging poor fusing.
    Basic copier theory.
    Speaking technically it's more paper transport speed than fuser speed.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Kyocera General Question

Generally speaking the issue hasn't been transfer voltage, it's been fusing. And yes, selecting the correct media type works every time, if you can convince your enduser to do so.

Kyocera TA 3550ci Lower half of Color Copy Black not fusing

The best way to clear up the Media Type confusion is to rename the Custom Media types to match the actual gsm paper weight:

Kyocera TA 3550ci Lower half of Color Copy Black not fusing

Kyocera Ta 3501i New Fuser issue

I've never had to use U106.
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=