IB-51 Firmware Update

Anybody know how to update the firmware of a IB-51 wireless card? I am working with a M6535cidn that needs this NIC to be ver. 2.3.0 in order to support SSL/TLS ver 1.2 Downloaded the firmware, but when presented along w/ the rest of a firmware update via a USB drive, it does NOT get updated, nor is it listed on-screen. Doesn't get recognized in USB when only the IB-51 firmware file is present. Also, no success using U025 in service mode ("Very High" needs to be selected in the Security Level settings under the System Menu, according to service manual to get this function to work).

Re: IB-51 Firmware Update

Try this..

Turn machine off and insert wireless card. And turn the machine ON and wait of it to cycle. Then turn the machine OFF and insert the USB flash drive with the files copied to the root directory. (The way I do it is Unzip the file and then copy the contents of the folder it makes to the root directory of the flash drive). Turn machine ON and wait and see if it upgrades. Turn machine OFF and unplug the flash drive.

Quote Originally Posted by kuby View Post
    Try this..

Turn machine off and insert wireless card. And turn the machine ON and wait of it to cycle. Then turn the machine OFF and insert the USB flash drive with the files copied to the root directory. (The way I do it is Unzip the file and then copy the contents of the folder it makes to the root directory of the flash drive). Turn machine ON and wait and see if it upgrades. Turn machine OFF and unplug the flash drive.
    It updates the regular firmware OK using this normal method as you described (power off, insert USB drive, power back on), but the wireless card does NOT get updated - tried by adding the IB-51 file to the other files for the latest firmware update in the root directory of the USB drive & performing the update, and also with ONLY the IB-51 file, in which case nothing happens and the machine just boots up normally and no update firmware screen is displayed. Either way, no luck.

Have you tried Kyocera Tech Support about the problem? And does the IB-51 show up as installed on the machine? And Firmware version is installed on the machine it self, 03/20 is the latest. The download site shows IB-51 firmware 2.2.6 (Maybe try that)
    Last edited by kuby; 01-15-2021 at 10:27 PM.

Technician
    IB-51 Firmware Update

see this thread:

Kyocera IB-51 setup software

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    IB-51 Firmware Update

I had to get it from hotline.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

The firmware is done with IBVERUP Utility,
    Its been years since I used it, I cant find it any more and I dont find it on the mykyocera site.
    if anyone has it hopefully they can post it somewhere so people can download it.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts B0265's Avatar

The last version of the IBVERUP utility I have seen is v3.02 but this doesn't seem to work in W10.

I recently hit a wall because I wasn't able to configure e-mail notifications on newly bought printers after I installed said network cards.
    Long story short, I managed to get the files from the manufacturer, whole package needed to update to v. 2.3.0.
    I'd gladly share those but no matter what I do, I can't upload anything bigger than few hundred KBs using that custom attachment manager. Any help will be appreciated.