Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    5521cdw 5526cdw not adding toner

Curious to see if anyone else is having trouble with these not adding toner ? Both my problem machine were
    manufactured this year, so service bulletin H012 "shouldn't" apply, but it seems to. The first machine would
    get to 80 or so percent cyan toner, then drop to 0. I did some troubleshooting, and ended up installing the
    helper springs in H012, even though they should have the updated spring already. That seems to have remedied it.
    Today I had a different unit go from 50% to 0 on black. I'm ordering more springs from the bulletin.
    Am I the only one seeing this issue. Nothing from the hotline or my Kyocera ASM.
    Thanks for any insight.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: 5521cdw 5526cdw not adding toner

H012 also talking about buffer sheets.
    At a few systems we removed the sheets in total and since it would done, it works.
    Buffer sheet.JPGBuffer Sheet2.JPG

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Thanks Kyo ! Are you removing the buffer sheet & installing the springs as well ?
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Springs not needed.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

I think I might have a new read on this issue. We have an M5526cdw that got swapped out after its 5th or 6th cyan toner cartridge. It's been collecting dust here for a while.

What I did what remove the lower right cover so I could watch the cyan toner process. Intermittently, the cyan solenoid would click, but the black gear with the pawl did not rotate. The solenoid does not stay engaged, it just pulses long enough to let the pawl go by for a single rotation. If a single rotation is not enough, the solenoid pulses again for another single rotation.

So I concluded that the solenoid was working properly, but that there was some friction in the mechanism the starts the rotation.

Add Toner.pdf

The way I understand it, when the solenoid pulses, Link Lever (C) uses the purple cam to start the rotation of Link Gear 1 (A), and as a result rotation the rest of the toner add gears. What I believe is happening, is that there is enough friction between Link Lever (C) and the purple cam, that the Link Gear 1 (A) does not start the rotation.

What I did was to bend a piece of wire as a tool to reach up out of sight, in the general vicinity of that purple cam. All I really wanted a was of dab of the red Mobilegrease onto the contact surface of the purple cam, then rotate it through once to smear it onto Link Lever (C). I got it on the third try.

As a test I've been running my cyan toner depletion chart (~80% cyan fill). The machine makes 9 or 10 pages before it goes into a toner add cycle, and the black Link Gear 1 does rotate each time the solenoid pulses. It tones back up, then continues to print. We'll be testing it in-shop for a while, but I'm getting that good feeling. I'll update if there's anything new to report.
    =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=