Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Kyocera color vs. Sharp color

Re: Kyocera color vs. Sharp color

I have been to many schools over the years. Konica and Kyocera schools for their color machines where I really learned a lot about the color process. I have also worked on a variety of other manufacturers' color equipment.

Ricoh at one time (to me) had a great product, (but in my view) they kinda priced themselves out of the market without offering much in the way of innovation.

To me and by far Konica and Sharp are right up there. These two manufactures also make production machines.

But I will say Kyocera is on the right track. From the time Kyocera bought Mita (and I'm an old Mita man from the days of the 600 Dry) it seems to me that Kyocera has made a considerable effort to improve their product, especially in color. Consider the 250ci,300ci,400ci,500ci. YIKES!! That was a nightmare. But those were replaced by the zero series (XXX0ci) and those guys were a big improvement. And so it is today with the new 4 series as Kyocera continues to refine and improve their color products. I think Kyocera has even introduced a production model.

In my view, when a manufacture gets into the production model machines, it has entered the realm of the most discriminating customer. And these customers do not put up with no shit product. Many of these guys use a loupe when examining the output. That's where Konica really dominates the market.

Remember, the above is just my opinion based on what I have worked on over the years. And for those of you that have been banging on equipment since the late 70s, early 80s, that's a lot.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts progoffice's Avatar

So is the "4" series part of the new Evolution series being launched this month? I haven't seen or heard much about them yet, just that they will allow for a speed license to be purchased and applied to a single base model.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Good thread. It's answered many questions I've had and then some.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Ran across this video on the Kyocera 4-series. These are the first Kyocera's to use Artificial Intelligence. AI is used to take a low resolution picture and turn it into a high resolution picture. AI is also used to recognize handwriting. Many other upgrades come with these machines. The speed key also allows dealers to reduce inventory.

Here's a great video on the 4-series machines.

PS - More AI applications will be released for the 4-series in the future via Firmware Upgrades.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    Ran across this video on the Kyocera 4-series. These are the first Kyocera's to use Artificial Intelligence. AI is used to take a low resolution picture and turn it into a high resolution picture. AI is also used to recognize handwriting. Many other upgrades come with these machines. The speed key also allows dealers to reduce inventory.

Here's a great video on the 4-series machines.

PS - More AI applications will be released for the 4-series in the future via Firmware Upgrades.

Sounds great, I like the document processor features, seems they are taking a page from Fujitsu scanners.