Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    White lines @ magenda 3551ci

I'm pretty sure this is a DV problem, but I'd like to see what you guys think. The DV unit has about 250k. Same for drum. The PCR has about 10k on it. The rest of the colors look good. I haven't haven't pulled anything out of the machine to look at it. They said they were busy and asked that I come back today.

Thanks.

Re: White lines @ magenda 3551ci

Sorry, I forgot to post example. See below:

doc00000720210225092154.pdf

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Kyocera used to have those big ziplock bags that came with the machines. Those were to put the paper in to keep moisture out. I have hung on to a few of those to carry a bit of 11x17 paper.

When I encounter stuff like what you are describing, I run U089 > Color Belt > Start > System Menu > Start. I put 11x17 paper in the machine if there is not some in there already before running Color Belt. I like using 11x17 because it lets me know what's going on with all the drums, developers, charger rollers, transfer belt, and even fuser. If the customer doesn't have 11x17 I get out my own. I usually use a drawer instead of the bypass (MP tray...OK I'm old school) because it's easier to configure. I never know how someone has set the bypass, so I use a drawer.

With that color belt printout, I can see at a glance most of what's going on with the above-mentioned components. For each color, there is a small strip that is 100% and a larger area that is 50%. One can use 8.5x14 paper, but to me, that will not give the full view of what's going on.

I find this to be a useful tool.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

From the look of your sample, I'd clean all the charger rollers first. I say all the charger rollers because if you open it up to clean one, you might as well clean them all.

Believe it or not, I have had techs just clean the one and then have to go back later to clean another charger roller at a later date.

Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    Kyocera used to have those big ziplock bags that came with the machines. Those were to put the paper in to keep moisture out. I have hung on to a few of those to carry a bit of 11x17 paper.

When I encounter stuff like what you are describing, I run U089 > Color Belt > Start > System Menu > Start. I put 11x17 paper in the machine if there is not some in there already before running Color Belt. I like using 11x17 because it lets me know what's going on with all the drums, developers, charger rollers, transfer belt, and even fuser. If the customer doesn't have 11x17 I get out my own. I usually use a drawer instead of the bypass (MP tray...OK I'm old school) because it's easier to configure. I never know how someone has set the bypass, so I use a drawer.

With that color belt printout, I can see at a glance most of what's going on with the above-mentioned components. For each color, there is a small strip that is 100% and a larger area that is 50%. One can use 8.5x14 paper, but to me, that will not give the full view of what's going on.

I find this to be a useful tool.

There was no 11x17 paper in their office. However, the 100% strip looks fine @magenga. See below:

doc00000820210225101028.pdf

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Still think you oughta clean the charger rollers first.

Still think you oughta clean the charger rollers first.

I'll check it out but I just replaced it about a month ago. What's concerning me is the perfectly straight white lines. I seem to remember blackcat showing a similar pattern that had to do with a bad laser. I hope that's not the case.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

When I go out to a Kyocera, I most always run the laser cleaner twice before I run a color belt. If the different colors are kinda streaky on the 50% color band on the color belt printout, then that's an indication to me that the charger rollers have gotten dirty. Many times it's only one color that shows up streaky on the color belt. Crappy paper can affect these charger rollers as well as a bunch of other stuff. The thing is, charger rollers get dirty, and that affects CQ. Even though only one color may look bad when you run a color belt, when you pull out the charger rollers most all of them have some degree of contamination. That is white rotational buildup on the surface of the charger roller.

I have been told by many Kyocera guys and other reliable sources that the only thing to clean charger rollers with is a rag and water. That's it, and nothing else.

Once I've cleaned the rollers, developer refresh once, and color registration > auto before I go.

When I go out to a Kyocera, I most always run the laser cleaner twice before I run a color belt. If the different colors are kinda streaky on the 50% color band on the color belt printout, then that's an indication to me that the charger rollers have gotten dirty. Many times it's only one color that shows up streaky on the color belt. Crappy paper can affect these charger rollers as well as a bunch of other stuff. The thing is, charger rollers get dirty, and that affects CQ. Even though only one color may look bad when you run a color belt, when you pull out the charger rollers most all of them have some degree of contamination. That is white rotational buildup on the surface of the charger roller.

I have been told by many Kyocera guys and other reliable sources that the only thing to clean charger rollers with is a rag and water. That's it, and nothing else.

Once I've cleaned the rollers, developer refresh once, and color registration > auto before I go.

I was scheduled to go to the machine today, but this is a busy medical office and they freak out if the copier will be down more than 5-minutes. They called and said they'll get back with me when they want me to come out. Who knows when that'll be.

The first thing I'll check is the PCR's. Thanks.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    I was scheduled to go to the machine today, but this is a busy medical office and they freak out if the copier will be down more than 5-minutes. They called and said they'll get back with me when they want me to come out. Who knows when that'll be.

The first thing I'll check is the PCR's. Thanks.
    I'm going with developing. Its unmistakable. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=