Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Kyocera M3655idn waste toner door opens

have an account that says their waste toner cover pops open and they have to hold it close.

Is this an actual thing with that machine? Looks kind of like some of the previous models I think M3540 types.

1 of our techs is looking at and says the door seems fine. Did have some toner on the waste toner bottle neck. Took awhile to reset the replace waste toner
    box message when it was removed from the machine.

Not sure how many pages are on it.

Re: Kyocera M3655idn waste toner door opens

It wouldn't happen to set where direct sunlight hits it at some point in the day would it? I installed one that wouldn't function at all until I moved it out of the light. I tested it to confirm it was sunlight striking the left side causing the error. If that is the case, try turning it 90 degrees where it sits and see if the problem goes away. if so, it may need to be relocated.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Kyocera M3655idn waste toner door opens

Quote Originally Posted by kjg View Post
    It wouldn't happen to set where direct sunlight hits it at some point in the day would it? I installed one that wouldn't function at all until I moved it out of the light. I tested it to confirm it was sunlight striking the left side causing the error. If that is the case, try turning it 90 degrees where it sits and see if the problem goes away. if so, it may need to be relocated.
    In those cases, we also had good results using black marker to color the inside areas of the door near the waste bottle sensor to absorb maximum sunlight that bounces around after entering from the vents.